Part 2

Cassie rolled over to look at the clock. 7:16. She got up, got ready and took Peaches out for a walk. It had been a month since she'd seen Luke now but to both her and Luke, it felt like forever. They were allowed to hold hands during the visit but nothing more. Cassie had had such an awful week and just wanted to curl up in Luke's arms and tell him all about it.

Cassie's POV

When me and Peaches got home, I got her some food and then got myself some breakfast. I then grabbed my keys and headed to Pendleton. It seemed much more of a drive than last time. I was buzzing with emotions. I went through security and then got directed into a big room.

I scanned the room of prisoners who were sat in 5 rows of 10 at a table each. Eventually I saw Luke. His hair was sit sat neatly as it always was. He looked tired though, his eyes gave it away. I wanted it to give him the worlds biggest hug. My emotions were flooding me. I was about to cry as I was so happy to see him and his cheesy face.

"Hey, Commando." I said. Luke chuckled. "Hey, Cass." he said. "How have things been?" I asked him. "Good, yeah. PT's good. I wish I could see you more. I haven't stopped thinking about you." he told me. "Same. I've missed you. Peaches does too." I told him. He gave a confused look. I explained how she sits by the doors for hours waiting and pulls his shirts out the draw to sit with. He smiled thinking about it.

"How's your mum?" he asked. "She's scared but good. We're trying to find her somewhere else but it's not easy." I said. "Cassie, I'm sorry. That's all my fault." he told me, looking at the floor, ashamed. "No. No, it's not. No-one should ever do something like what Jonno did. There is no reason for it." I told him. He looked up at me, not sure what to say. Prison wasn't exactly a vacation. Silence fell between the pair.

"Say something, Luke. I want to hear your voice." Cassie said. "There isn't much, Cass." Luke told her. "Please, anything. Talk about the future. What you want from the world." Cassie suggested. "Ok." Luke said, a smile coming to his face. "In the future, I want to eat burritos with you and move in properly. I'd like to have kids with you one day, too. 2 boys and a girl. The boys would be twins; Frankie and Caleb then the girl would be Lilah." Luke started. It brought a smile to Cassie's face thinking about all the stuff Luke was talking about.