Day Off- Ben (Number 6) x GNReader

A/N: Thanks for reading and thank you for 100 reads!

Reader POV. 2nd Person:

     Having a boyfriend who regularly risks his life with the rest of his family would stress anyone out. Ben and you have been together for 2 years now, so you've gotten used to his absence though it never gets easier for either of you. He's made it clear to you that he feels guilty for always being so busy, but you know it's not his fault. His father Reginald is not one of your biggest fans, but he surprisingly allows you to continue dating Ben, something about Ben having a reason to fight. In your opinion Reginald should be giving his children more time off because saving the world cannot be fun with a sore body and bad mental state. You always try your best to be there for Ben whether that be simply listening to what he has to say or a massage to soothe his muscles. 

    Ben has been saying for a few weeks now that the next time he gets a day off he plans on doing something nice for you to make up for all you do for him. You tried telling him that it's no big deal and spending any time with him is always enough for you, but he continuously insisted until you caved. You must admit the idea of Ben surprising you does excite you; he tends to go all out. Out of the two of you Ben is the romantic at heart, though he'd never admit it. 

     It's just another afternoon with you and a book when a beep comes from your phone. Curiously you set your book down and check who could possibly be texting you. Your eyebrows raise in surprise when you see Ben's contact pop up considering he was meant to have a mission today and be busy until tomorrow. Reading his text makes butterflies appear in your stomach "Hey Y/N! Can you come to the academy? No spoilers, love you!" You quickly reply with a "of course love you too!" With red tinted cheeks you get ready to head out the door and to the academy. 

Time skip:

     The whole way there you wonder what Ben could possibly want but deep down you hope it's that surprise he's been teasing you with for ages now. Upon reaching your destination your mind is buzzing with hundreds of ideas from Ben's cryptic message. You hastily reach up and knock on the door until it swings open revealing a smiling Ben. His smile shows his dimples which never fails to bring a blush to your cheeks. He reaches over bringing you into a warm hug and you instantly return the affection. "I missed you so much..." Ben mumbles into your shoulder. You respond by pulling back from the hug and bringing him into a quick kiss. "I missed you more." He smiles at you once again before backing away from you and grabbing your hand. He gives it a quick tug before saying "now let's go I have a surprise for you." 

     He drags you through the house for a few moments until you reach the backyard (I'm not positive if there even is a backyard but there is now). You've always liked the outside of the academy, it's the only part of the house that's not dull and gloomy. The backyard is filled with beautiful flowers and bushes all tall as you are, it never fails to life your spirits. What really takes your breath away is the picnic set up. A blanket is laid out along with a basket and two cups for the both of you. You pull your hand away from Ben and take a step towards the blanket. "What is this?" You glance at Ben before your gaze returns to the picnic, no one has done anything like this for you before. Ben steps up to you and puts an arm around your waist "I promised you something nice and here it is" he says as he gestures to the set up. You can't help but turn in his hold and bring him into another hug. 

     After the shock of the surprise fades, you and Ben sit down. The blanket is soft and manages to keep you warm during the chill of the evening. Ben opens the basket revealing a whole assortment of foods most of them being your favorites. You both dive in and not long after the food is gone, and you're lying on top of Ben. "I really appreciate this, it's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me" your speech is slightly muffled due to you hiding on Ben's chest, but he still manages to hear you. "You deserve the world, sadly I can only do so much." "This was definitely enough Ben, thank you." His fingers begin carding through your short/long hair soothing you to the point of starting to drift off. 

     A nudge makes you yelp before lifting your head off of Ben to glare at him. His laughter breaks through the silence making your glare soften. You can't help but smile at him, he's just the greatest thing to happen to you. His laughter eventually slows, and he mutters a small '"sorry" before gazing at you with the softest look on his face. His hands move to rest on your face before rubbing light circles on to your cheeks. No words are spoken as he leans in and gives you a soft kiss that still manages to show just how much he loves you. 

     You spend the rest of the night sharing small kisses, eventually falling asleep together under the stars.

A/N: Soft Ben is just the best... Sorry it's a bit short

Remember requests are open and remember to check out my Tik Tok @its.leahs.art