He's Mine- Diego x GNReader

A/N: Spoilers: In this story Lila is even more psychotic than she already is. This story also shows an alternate ending to Season 2. 

WARNING: Slight gore

    Lila Pitts, the girl who's obsessed with your boyfriend Diego Hargreeves and is currently trying to kill you...

Reader POV. 2nd Person (Flash back):

      Diego and you have been together for a few years now. You've had your ups and downs, but you never fail to make up, the other Hargreeves tease the both of you for being the greatest couple ever. After discovering the apocalypse was near Diego asked you to travel throughout time with him and his siblings. You didn't hesitate to agree and off you were. While the siblings were split apart thankfully you and Diego stayed together. Your time in old Texas was quite an adventure and one that you'll be sure to never forget. One day Diego went missing his siblings didn't seem to notice, but you sure did. You remember how lost you were without him, you thought you'd go crazy but only a few hours later did he return. He told you all about the crazy lady named Lila and how she kidnapped him and told her mother that he was her boyfriend. You couldn't believe it. Diego also told you how confused he was considering he barely knew her and had only seen her once in passing prior to the kidnapping. The both of you didn't have time to dwell on the events though, as doomsday was set to occur once more.

     Diego wanted to keep you away from Viktor and the chaos he would inevitably bring forth which is why he decided locking you away was the best case in action. At first you were mad but then you understood. He was trying to protect you in his own way. The reunion you had was short lived only a small hug and a quick kiss was permitted due to Five yelling at the two of you, something about modesty. Diego went to snap at him, but Viktor interrupted, he was adamant on needing to see Sissy and Harlan. The disappointment on his face when none of his family backed him up was heartbreaking to you. You made sure to berate the Hargreeves until they eventually gave in which is how you all ended up on Sissy's farm. 

Reader POV. 2nd Person (Present Time):

     The sight in front of you terrified you to no end, what you assume to have once been a beautiful barn was now being torn to shreds by a force coming from inside. You've been with the Hargreeves long enough to know that the power looked just like Viktors. You snap out of your thoughts when an arm wraps around your waist and tugs. You don't even have to look to know that it was Diego, no doubt trying to protect you from the strange sight. "What the hell is that?" Allison speaks, saying what the lot of us are thinking. "I think its Harlan, just stay out here while I deal with it." With that Viktor makes his way into the barn house. You see Diego make a move to follow when you grip his wrist and shake your head. "He needs backup..." "He told us to stay out here so that's what we'll do." Diego hesitates for a moment before responding with a small "fine" bringing the conversation to an end.  

     All seems to be going well until a flash appears from the corner of your eye, you and Five seem to be the only ones who notice. You squint to get a closer look and see 2 people standing there who definitely weren't there before. Five's only response upon seeing them is a questioning "the handler?" You nudge Diego's side with your arm to alert him. He looks at you questioningly before you point in the direction of the newly appeared strangers and his eyes go wide. The sight would normally amuse you if his reaction to these people wasn't so concerning to you. Furrowing your brows, you ask "what's wrong?" He leans down towards you to whisper, "That girl on the left was the one who kidnapped me." Your mouth forms an "O" shape when you learn this information. Your go to respond when the 2 people start making their way towards where you and the Hargreeves, minus Viktor, are standing. "Well, what do we have here..." the one on the left talks first, her eyes trained on you and Diego. Her hard gaze makes you want to shrink back but you manage to stand strong when you feel Diego intertwine his hand with yours. The movement seems to irritate the woman further. She looks like she wants to comment before the other woman standing with her speaks up "not yet Lila sweetie." 'So, her name is Lila' you think, wanting to question Diego more but knowing there will be a better time later. 

     The woman whose name you've yet to learn continues to blab on for a few more minutes but you've spaced out by then. (Me not wanting to write out all she talks about ;D) Diego's hand squeezing yours breaks you from your thoughts. You look at him and see that he's looking at you with worry written all over his face. "Are you alright?" You can't help but smile at his thoughtful nature, that you know he only shows to you. "You guys make me sick" a mocking voice comes from behind you and before you know it an unknown hand spins you around. Lila looks beyond angered and you think you know why but her words confirm it "Diego is meant to be mine!" Her hand wraps around your neck cutting off your air supply. Your hands go to shake her off when Diego yells "LET HER GO!" You only manage a quick look around to see Diego being held back by dozens of people before your vision starts to fade. 

     You know you're about to pass out when you catch a glimpse of something fly past your face. Whatever it was must have hit Lila considering her hold on you loosens enough for you to push her away from you. You gasp greedily sucking in air and hold a hand up to your throat. Looking around you see bodies littering the floor and Lila with a knife sticking out of her shoulder. You look around for Diego and see him fighting a group of men wearing strange masks when he calls out to you. "Y/N! RUN!" His yelling reminds you of the danger at hand, Lila looks even more murderous than before. You scramble to your feet and make a run for it, and you can hear footsteps coming from behind you alerting you that Lila has decided to make chase. You pass Klaus while running and turn back to see him trying to stop Lila, but she easily pushes him off. You want to help him, but you know if you stop now then you'll be dead. You're trying to reach the barn hoping Viktor can help you, but Lila yells "I heard a rumor that you couldn't move!" 

     The response is immediate as your body seizes up and you freeze in place. Your eyes go wide. You desperately try to move but nothing works. Lila makes her way over to you. The look in her eyes makes the color drain from your face. Distantly you wonder if Diego is faring better than you are. "Why do you get to be with Diego and not me..." Lila starts to pace around you. "I offered to give him anything he wants but he still chose you." You don't know what to say that won't make the situation worse. "WHY DO YOU GET HIM HUH?!" She stops in front of you and pokes a finger in your direction. Moments like these make you wonder why you decided to travel through time with the Hargreeves. You can't help yourself when you say, "Diego would never be with someone as crazy as you."  The regret you feel shortly after is like nothing you've felt before. Lilas face turns purple with the amount of anger coursing through her veins. You wish you could see Diego one last time as you watch Lila pull a knife from her boot. She raises her arm, and you close your eyes not wanting to witness anything else. "DIEGO IS MI-" A choking sound cuts her off and the power keeping your body in place disappears. You open your eyes only to see Lila with a hole in her throat and blood pouring from her mouth. A scream makes its way out of you, and you quickly back away as her body falls to the ground. You trip and are about to fall when a pair of arms catch you. You flinch and go to back away when the voice you've been longing to hear comes from behind you "Y/N! Y/N! It's okay it's just me." Your body sags in relief and you turn yourself in his arms to hide from the world. He rubs a soothing hand down your back as he mumbles kind words in your ear. 

     The both of you stay like that for what feels like hours when Five's voice ruins the moment "okay lovebirds let's get out of here." You peak out from Diego's shoulder to see him standing there with a briefcase, along with the rest of the Hargreeves. They all look worn out and exhausted. You take a deep breath and move out of Diego's hold though he doesn't let you go far as he puts an arm around your shoulder. Making your way towards the rest of the Hargreeves you know that the next adventure is about to begin but it'll be alright if Diego is by your side. 

A/N: Remember requests are open and remember to check out my Tik Tok @its.leahs.art