Chapter 1: Until fate makes us meet

The smell of books and dust filled the air as Kazuha was up dusting and organizing them. It was always nice and peaceful inside the shop so work was easily managed through out the day.

"Kazuha! could you give me a hand in putting these boxes in storage?!" He heard his friend Gorou from the other side of the shop. He stopped what he was doing a headed to help his friend. "Careful, they're quite heavy" The brown haired said while trying to lift one of the boxes.

"No matter, I am quite used to lifting heavy weight" Kazuha replied.

"Oh, by the way" Says Gorou. "Mr. Hiro told me we could get off work now, wanna go out with the others?" He asks.

"Sorry Gorou, but I still have some shelves I would like to finish cleaning, maybe some other time?". The white haired male said after putting away one of the last boxes.

"Alright then, suit yourself. Well look's like we're done, I'll be on my way now" Gorou took of his work apron, grabbed his jacket and opened the shop door ready to head out. "See ya tomorrow Kazu!" Gorou said with a smile and he waved goodbye.

"Bye bye" Kazuha smiled back and gave a small wave to his friend watching him leave through the door. Right after, he grabbed a small stool and headed to some of the shelves that were located on the other side of the shop.

.•*☆~•.*.•~☆*•

While trying to reach one of the higher ones Kazuha suddenly slipped, but before he could hit the ground he was caught by a pair of arms.

"Woah there, careful!" Kazuha looked up at the man who was still holding him. He was a tall man with dirty blond hair, deep purple eyes and a refined face with a scar across his nose, he was also wearing a striped blue scarf and a light blue pullover. "You okay?".

The stranger let him go, but before Kazuha could react to the question the other then added. "Good thing I came through here or you would have probably hit your head" The man said.

"Ah- yes, I'm alright, thank you for breaking my fall, it was a good timing" He said shyly.

"No problem at all" He responded. "I'm glad you didn't get hurt".

A moment passed and Kazuha then asks "Is there something you need help with perhaps?".

"Actually there is, I was wondering if you could possibly help me find a good book? I am not very good at deciding myself".

"Hmm.. "Kazuha stayed for a moment thinking. "I know, follow me please" Kazuha guided them both to a small shelf and he took out a rusty red colored book "This is one of my favourites, it's pretty old but one of a kind. I think it is a good one to start with, here you go." He passed it on to the stranger so he could take a look.

He looks at it with curiousity. "Eternity of Leaves" He reads. "What's it about?" The man asks.

"Well the story starts off with two very different people who live in their own different lives.." Kazuha starts to say. "But despite those differences they had the same wish to travel and wander the world. They end up meeting and begin to go on adventures together learning to respect and love one another, till they decide to go on separate paths, with one later meeting their fate and the other left with nothing but a broken heart but still with the hope they'll meet in another life..".

"Huh, sounds real interesting. Also since it's your favourite it must be really good, I'll give it a shot". The taller man said excitedly.

The short man just chuckles."Hope I didn't spoil the end too much, I tend to do that some times" Kazuha said showing a shy smile.

"Nah, you didn't so no problem at all, don't beat yourself up" He commented.

Kazuha stared at him, he didn't know how to reply. "Hm..you know what?" He then uttered. "You can take it, seeing you so interested made me glad. So please, accept it as a gift".

The other man looked at him with shock and shrieked "W-wait, what?! Are you sure? A-are you allowed to do that?" He said. " I don't wish to get you into some kind of trouble for letting me take it for free, especialy if it's one of a kind".

"It will be our little secret and I know you'll take good care of it" He said giving him a smile.

He just couldn't leave this like this. "Let me repay you with a coffee!" The man replied. "How about tomorrow, after you finish your work? My sister owns this really good cafe. How 'bout it? I won't take no for an answer y'know!".

Kazuha just blinked "Um... well, alright but-".

"Great, I will come back tomorrow then, have a nice day!" He says.

And before Kazuha could say anything the man had already run off.

He stayed silent for a moment "Hmph..." He chuckles.

" What a peculiar person.."