Chapter 3: Your sweet words make my heart flutter

In the next morning Kazuha felt surprisingly better and he woke up just fine. His head didn't twirl anymore and his throat wasn't sore. He was good to go to work. Kazuha was a bit curious on how he got better in one day, could it have been the tea? He thought as he was in front of the bookstore.

"Kazuha! I see you're all better now." Gorou waving at him as he got near making Kazuha leave his thoughts.

He then turns to greet his friend. "Good day Gorou. Yep, all good, the tea Tomo brought me really helped, I'm thankful to him for bringing it, and to Mr Hiro too."

A loud huff leaves the dog eared boy's mouth. "I honestly don't trust that guy, I don't know... he emits these weird vibes, like he's hiding something."Gorou protests with a serious look.

"Tomo? You're thinking too much my friend, he's actually really nice, I know we met not so long ago, but when I was with him yesterday I somehow felt calm and comfortable." The white-haired boy explained. "He gives me this very warm feeling as well..I don't know what it is nor I can explain it....it's just there.."

This made Gorou's ears perk up. He knew exactly what Kazuha meant. But he just stood there without saying a word.

He then let's off a sigh "Just- be careful.." Gorou says with a bit of worry.

"Silly Gorou, I'll be fiiine, you don't have to get so protective of me, I can manage". He reasures his friend.

"Let's just get to work." Gorou demands with another sigh.

But just as the two boys were about to go in the shop they saw a tall male running towards them. It was Itto.

"Oh Itto, hello, funny seeing you here." Kazuha greeted.

"Wassup! Yo little dog!!" Itto says exitedly as he starts to shuffle Gorou's hair.

"Hey stop that!" He growls in response.

"Haha still the same grump as ever I see."

Kazuha begins to chuckle by the comment since it was true, he was grumpy (and stubborn). This made Gorou got even more mad.

"Don't laugh!" Gorou shouts.

"Sorry sorry hehe."

"Ugh." He growls as he crosses his arms.

"So Itto, what are you doing here? You couldn't possibly be here for any books." Kazuha teases.

"Heck nah, you know it's not my thing, I was just passing by and saw a chance to announce to you two that the Greatest Arataki Itto has become the champion of the Onikabuto Tournament once again for three years in a row!!"

"Woahh that's great news Itto." Kazuha applauds cheerfully "You better celebrate."

"That's my plan alright, I'm inviting you to a drink party tonight! My bro Thoma, Ayaka, Yoimiya and Kokomi are all coming too!!"

"We'll certainly be there, right Gorou?"

"...Grrr fiiine!" He growls with unexcitement.

"Great! I'll send you the location to where we'll meet!" The oni turns to leave but then looks back with a smirk "See ya little dog~."

This instantly makes Gorou blush "UgH!!! Stupid Oni!!" He shouts angrily at the man as he gets in the shop, slaming the door with a loud thud.

Kazuha giggled at the reaction of his friend, it was obvious why he reacted like that towards Itto. He was in love with the crazed oni. And it was obvious that Itto felt the same, but none of them had told the other yet about their feelings.