Part 3

T.T.O.L.

- Old terrors and a sleepless night -

I ran my hands down my face and let them tangle in my hair. I breathed out a long sigh. Helplessness washed over me, making me despair what would happen in the future. What am I supposed to do next?

Am I just supposed to settle in? Just hope to adjust to these new surroundings and the way my days were going to be filled in? Following a new routine, that took my time. I don't know how long I've been in this room, overthinking the things that, honestly, scared the crap out of me.

All of my thinking concluded to one thing. My three step routine through the rest of my days. Eat, sleep, torture, replay.

Or would I fight my way out? Would I spend my free time planning and timing my escape? Would I cling to my hope that someone, anyone would notice my absence and question my disappearance? Chloë, Meghan, hell, even Jason! Would they come looking for me? Every thought made me doubt more and more. Would I be naive and believe that this was just all a dream that I would wake up to at any giving time?

I self-consciously pinched myself. The stinging feeling traveled up my arm and I hissed at the pain, rubbing my hand where I pinched my arm.

Okay. Scratch that option. I'm definitely not dreaming, and definitely not trying that again.

I sat up, looking around at the room again. I decided then that I would do anything to escape this place. Because there was no way in hell that I would just sit here and wait until Gabriel would burst through this door and drag me to God knows where he did all his torturing. And I was NOT settling in. Yeah, screw that.

My gaze slowly drifted to the double glass doors that lead to the balcony. I stood up and made my way over. Outside there was a thick suspense of forest surrounding the house. My fingers tested the door handle, seeing if it was locked. And to my relieve, it wasn't.

I released a breath I was holding in and slid the door open.

A breeze immediately greeted me as it caressed my face. My eyes closed on their own accord. I deeply breathed in the intoxicating scent of dirt, plants and pure nature. Only now did I realize how stuffy it was in the room.

I fully opened the door to let my room air a little and stepped on the balcony.

My hair was gently pulled along with the wind and nothing but silence embraced me. I smirked a little. Gabriel was stupid enough to give me a room with a balcony which doors were unlocked. But he shouldn't know about this, for he would definitely change it.

I slowly turned my head to the right, and my breath immediately got stuck in my throat. When Gabriel led me to my room, I saw that the place was big from what I saw.

But now, I had a clear view from the outside. The place stretched out all the way to the right. The house was clearly a mansion. My room was on the left wing, in the middle there was a slight broader part of the mansion and beyond that was another wing. The mansion was entirely made of brick and wooden beams, giving it an old and victorian style to it. Needless to say, the place was humongous. Gabriel mentioned that he was the only one that actually lived here. I doubt that even he knew all the rooms.