╼ CHAPTER ONE

HEY THERE, FRECKLES
CHAPTER ONE: DONKEY KONG MASTER NO MORE
STRANGER THINGS SEASON 02 — ACT 01.1

A year has passed since Timothy Smith moved back to Hawkins, Indiana. A year since he's been reunited with his childhood friends, Mike Wheeler and Will Byers. A year since he found a place for Hawkins inside his heart again. And a year since a terrible incident happened to Will the night after the party played dungeons and dragons. From that night on, his life change drastically when they set out to find Will against the authorities and their parents wishes. It changed when they found out about the existence of another world that's just like theirs but empty, scary and filled with monsters. And Timmy realize how their lives changed when they met Eleven.

Eleven was the girl they accidentally found during that one rainy night in high hopes to find Will, instead she showed up soaked up because of that heavy rainfall. Timmy and the others didn't know how her existence would affect them, how they would risk their lives to something they believe, how it tested their bonds and friendship and how they faced off a monster that follows the trail of blood.

They called it a Demogorgon. It was said to be the very monster that took Will, the same monster that went after Barbara Holland, and the same monster Eleven fought against of which led to her sacrificing herself.

She was gone. Right after they opened their eyes, they failed to find her, even a small droplets of blood were nowhere to be seen back at that classroom. She saved them and it broke them, especially Mike. Despite her tragic end, Will was able to made it back to them. Chief Hopper and Joyce Byers were able to find him and bring him back to Hawkins.

Everything happened so fast that last days of November last year and it's hard to believe it's almost a year since it occurred.

"Timmy?" A voice came from his supercomm placed on his night table, "Timmy, do you copy? This is Dustin. How much is your haul? Over." Dustin Henderson asked.

A cerulean eyed, auburn head teen entered the room right after Henderson spoke through the comm. Picking it, Timmy answers his friend. "Yep, I copy. What's up? Over."

"Shit, what took you so long? I'm asking how much is your haul? Lucas and I have six bucks total. Mike and Will are TBA." Dustin told him.

Haul? For what? Timmy asked himself until he realizes tonight's plan.

"Fuck, I forgot we're playing tonight. I'll see what I can find. Wait for a sec." Immediately, he ran over to his night table and looks through his cabinet, finding his old piggy bank. Shaking it up, he heard lots of muffled clanging and clattering sounds inside it.

Opening the bottom cap, coins quickly spilled out of it and couple of bills. Hastily, he counts it and grinned when he found that he have saved quite more than enough.

"Henderson, Add up ten dollars then we'll going to play whole night at the arcade." Timmy smirked. He could tell that his friend is surprised with him having that much pocket money.
"What– how the hell?"

Stuffing back the excess bills that have spilled out, Timmy picks up the talkie. "Well, we have this term called savings— where you discipline yourself from spending money for useless things—"

"Alright, alright. I get it. No need to slap it off my face." Dustin quickly dismisses him. "Anyway, see you later. I'll go and talk to Mike and check how much he got."

"Yeah, yeah. See you later." Timmy ends their conversation. Pulling out his satchel from the racks and putting the money inside the wallet, shoving it inside the bag along with the supercomm. His feet led him downstairs and was greeted by the housekeeper, Mrs. Gubbins. Just like the nights before his father, Harold Smith, isn't around. Probably, busy with his work as the lieutenant colonel of Hawkins Police Department. Before leaving the Smith household, he was asked as to where he was off to by the older lady and he quickly replied by telling her that he's going to hang out with Mike and the others.