Part 1

《Sei una italiana?》The taxi driver asked before letting me get out of the car.
《Excuse me, what?》
《I asked if you are Italian.》
《I am originally Italian, but I can't speak Italian.》It took me a second to answer.
《€38》he said before I give him the money, although I knew it was unfair. I thought to my self: wow what a good start.

I moved to Italy to create a brand new life for myself. A southern Italian girl that left USA (the country that she was born in) and returned to the country that her grandfather left. I got a job in Ac Milan and I was extremely happy about it but couldn't deny how nervous I was. It wasn't my first time working in a fotball club, but it was the first time I worked for a big club with countless fans. The best in serie A.

The next morning I was on my way to work, When the traffic light turned green and the car did not move.

《Excuse me?!》
《Sorry ma'am, my car broke down. You have to wait.》the taxi driver said.
《How long should I wait?》I panicked.
《I don't know》

The light turned red again. I huffed and tried to get out of the car, when I noticed that the distance between the taxi and the side cars was so small that I could not open the door.

《You have to get me out of here.》I said to the taxi driver who was calling a mechanic.

《You have to wait》he repeated.

I cursed my luck and waited for more than 5 minitues, when I finally got my brain working back again. I put all the money left in my wallet on the back seat right before oppening the door when the light went green. Cars passed me one after another at high speed and I frantically survived.

The taxi driver shouted some Italian swear words. I just ignored him and ran. I tried to get another taxi but well, this is Milan; just like NYC, getting a taxi is harder than anything.

I was already late for my very first day at work, so I started running until I reached a crossroads. I had no idea where to go. I wanted to cry so badly but I tried to handle it. Come on Tessa you're stronger than that. That was when the second missfortune of the day happened. A man with baggy pants and a dirty leather jacket pushed me against the wall and put a knife on my side.

《Give me all your money.》I started cursing and screaming. He sceard the shit out of me.

Suddenly a gentleman pushed him away and punched him several times before I pull him away and call the police.

《Are you okay?》he asked worriedly. I couldn't hold my self anymore. I started crying and he pulled me into a gentle hug.

《My day was shitty. I did everything to get this stupid job that I'll already loose becuase of this stupid traffic.And now this shitty man trying to steal my broke ass and..》I stopped when I figuered out that I'm just hugging a stranger, plus I'm still late.

《Hey hey that's fine. Calm down.》he said.
《Oh I'm sorry I'm just-》
《No that's ok, I'll walk you to there. Where do you work?》
《I'm a physical therapist. I work for ac milan.》I wiped my tears.
He freezed a second, before he says:《Ac milan? Oh fine; Milanello is near.》

I thanked him and we chatted all the way. He looked like a charming prince with those deep dark eyes and brown hair. He said his name was Nicolò Barella, That seemed very familiar to me. After about 15 minutes, we arrived at Milanello.

《Nicolò I can't be more thankfull. You truly saved me today.》I said.
《No big deal Tess》he thought for a second and asked:《umm is it ok if I call you Tess? And can I have your number? Just in case you need my help again in the future》he blinked.
《Oh sure.》I giggled.

After changing numbers, I went in and the first thing I saw was men running and sweating their asses off. I could recognize the coach: Pioli.

《Mr Pioli?》I said shyly.
《You must be the new Physio, Tessa Palermo.》he smiled as soon as he saw me.
《It's me. I'm sorry I'm late and I also missed my first treatment session.》
《Yes. I was waiting to meat you but no problem. The player didn't come yet.》
《I thought you are strict when it comes to timing.》I said.
《I am, but sometimes if they have a good reason for being late..》he suddenly yelled:《Ante Rebić! You are walking! run like a man.
The guy answered:《I can barely walk. I got injured as soon as I saw the new Physio.》and made a few of the other players laugh, wich I ignored.
《Sorry for that. Can you please wait for about 5 miniutes?》
《Sure.》I said and sat on the nearest bench watching the players train.

After training's first set ended, Pioli HIMSELF showed me my office and told me his expectations from me.
I heard a soft knock on the open door of my new office.

《Hey?》a handsome man with curly hair and green eyes said. He looked just like a Roman empror.
《Davide why are you so late?》Pioli asked.
《Ugh well let me tell you a funny story. I was riding my car all the way to Milanello when I saw a crashed car in front of me and a psycho suddenly oppend the door and ran away of it. I tried to change my direction but a high speeded car hit mine.》he said looking at me with a frown.
《Maybe that "psycho" had a reason.》I said without thinking.
《Come to training right after your treatment session, Davide.》Pioly said without caring about what we were talking about, and left the room.
《You know I saw that psycho chatting and giggleing with an Inter milan player. That seems like a very good reason if you ask me.》He said looking straight into my eyes with anger.
《Listen, I'm sorry about your car but I can understand no word of what you said. And you know what? I already had an awful day so I'd be very thankful if we just don't open up about that.》
《Sure you do》He grinned nervously. He laied down on the bed waiting for me to do my job.

After a long day of work, I went to the kitchen to bring my food when I saw someone I didn't expect.

《Doc?》Zlatan said with a grin.
《Zlatan!》I said and pulled him into a nice hug.
《Long time no see busy little woman.》
《I thought you're not coming because you're injured.》
《I'm a lot more than a player here, Tessa.》he said.
I could see the other players staring at us in surprise. Zlatan wasn't kind to everyone, but I could see how good he was.

____
author's note:
Hi everyone! This is my first time writing in English so please tell me about what you think and vote if you liked the first part.
Oh and I'll probobly update every three days.

I Tessa | Davide CalabriaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara