Part 2

After lunch, Theo and a good looking shorter player came to us and asked Zlatan if they can practice boxing with him and he asked me to join them.

《This is all you got? Harder!》Zlatan yelled as I punched the punching bag.
《You punch like a girl.》Theo Hernandez said playfully. I knew he was joking.
《She's way stronger than you》Zlatan said with a smirk and made the other player -Brahim- laugh at his poor friend.
I punched for the last time and took off my gloves, throuing them on the ground.

《I'm tired》I said out of breath.
《How do you know each other?》Brahim asked randomly while picking the gloves.
《She did her apprenticeship with one of my physiotherapists.
She's a very smart girl, that's why I introduced her to Maldini.》

I felt a little awkward and I could feel the two younger players staring at me. I didn't want anyone to think that I needed an introduction to get a job. I could get a job at a very good serie B club, or even a job in another serie A club; but I loved this city and I knew that it's hard to get such job so I asked Ibra for help.

Ibra has known me since my college years. He even got to know my family. He always supported me, even when he didn't have to talk to me.

《Tessa, your phone is ringing.》Brahim said and before handing me the phone, he accidentally saw the name of the caller.

《Oh thank you.》It was Nicolò. I left the room and answered the call.

《Hey Tess. How are you?》
《Hi I'm much better. you are the first nice person to me in Italy.》I said honestly.
《Oh come on. I called you to ask if you wanna go to a party with me. It's one of my friends' birthday and I thought you may want to join.》
《Yeah why not, maybe I can make friends there.》I answered cheerfully.
《Then I'll pick you at 7 pm.》

I told him the address and thanked him and went back to the boxing room to say goodbye to the boys. It was 5:30 pm and I had to get ready. I went in and noticed that Theo and Brahim were talking in a low voice and suddenly became silent when they noticed me. Wierd.

《Umm I have to go. I haven't sweated this much in months and I really had fun. Thank you.》I giggled slightly.
《No problem, take care little woman.》Zlatan said while focusing on the poor punching bag.

I took a shower as soon as I arrived at the hotel. I didn't know what to wear. After thinking for almost half an hour, I decided to wear a classy short black dress.
I got ready exactly at 7 and went out to see Nicolò waiting out of his car looking at his phone.
《Hey》I said. He looked at me from head to toe and smiled.
《Hi. You know, I didn't think you would accept》
《Accept what?》I asked confused.
《to go with me. I mean.. we don't even know each other.》he laughed slightly.
《Oh well, you know staying alone in a hotel room is very boring and..》
《So you are going out with me only because there's no one else you can go out with?》he said dramaticly.
《You know that's not what I meant.》I laughed.
I was never the one who made friends easily, but I felt like I have known him for years. He was very friendly and nice.
《That's fine. I'll still take you anyway.》he said playfully and opened the door for me.
《Nice car.》I said looking at the shiny leather. His car looked very expensive and made me think if it's rude to ask about his job or not.

I was surprised when I saw his friend's house, or at least the place that the guy had rented.
《Wow》I said and he laughed.
《Well yeah.. have I mentiond my job?》
《No》that was a creepy moment.
《I'm a footballer. I play for Inter.》
《Shit!》I was shocked.
《Shit?》
《YEAH! I mean, no. It's not your fault.》I said thinking about how dumb I was not noticing Davide and Brahim's reactions when they knew about Nicolò.
《What is not my fault?》he asked.
《Ugh well.. nothing. Just don't worry about it.》
he looked at me with confusion before spitting an "okay" .

Lights were low, music was loud and the house was very crowded. Nicolò asked if he could take my hand, wich I accepted.
《Manuel il festeggiato!》Nicolò said in Italian with a smile.
《Uh amico mio! e chi è quella bella signora?》the good looking man with curly hair and a mole on his face asked looking at me waiting for answer.
《She can't speak Italian, Manuel.》Nicolò answered.
《Oh my bad. You look very Italian.》his Italian accent spoke through.
《That's beacuse I'm Italian.》I laughed.
《Manuel Locatelli. Nice to meet you.》He kissed my hand. Oh wow. I think I know this guy.
《Tessa Palermo. It's nice to meet you too.》I said shyly as the guy left to see other guests.

《Nic Nic Nic!》I wispered.
《What's wrong?》
《Isn't him the guy from the euro? Where you threw a bandage at him and he threw it back at your face?》
《Yes that's him. He wasn't in a good mood then. He plays for Juventus, but he came here for a match.》he laughed.
《I knew I've seen you somewhere.》I said.
《But it's really a pity that I've never seen this beauty anywhere.》Nic said with a lower and more serious volume.

《It's really sad. I mean seriously. I bet you had a wasted life before meeting her.》a familiar voice said from behind, Davide Calabria. asshole.
《Hi, Davide.》I faked a smile while he just walked away without answering.

《That was rude.》I said.
《Come on, he just saw his physio with an Inter player at a Juve player's party. I'm sure he's emotionally damaged.》Nic laughed. I felt like a prey.
《You knew he's going to be here, didn't you?》
《Well, we are all teammates in the national team, so yeah.》
《And you brought me here even though you knew I was working in Milanello?》I was very mad.
《Usually, the players of rival teams don't hate each other. I didn't think that he would be upset to see his physio with a rival team player.》He shrugged.
I didn't know if I had to trust him or not, but I wasn't in the mood for a fight.
《Fine, I'll go get a drink.》I said and left the room without asking him if he wants one or not.

For the first time since I came to Italy, I felt alone. I didn't know anyone here, except one of my friends who came to Italy years ago and we haven't talked for a long time. I didn't want to call her, I would look very needy.

《The thousandth wine you drink tonight?》Davide said and sat next to me as I remained silent.
《It's not like you owe me an explanation but.. why him?》
《Why him what?》I asked boredly.
《Nothing.》He breathed out heavily.
《Are you mad at me?》
《Tessa, why should I be mad at you? I don't even know you.》he said without looking at me.
《But why do I feel like I did something wrong?》
《Because no one expected you to know him, but also no one really has a problem with that.》
《Why didn't you expect me to know him?》I was offended over nothing. I wasn't drunk, but I wasn't very well either.
《I bet he brought you here to piss me off. I don't know how many times you met but I'm sure you still don't know him.》he ignored my question and took a sip of his drink.
《And how do you know I don't know him? How do you know he's not my boyfriend?》That was madness. I didn't know what I was talking about, but it made me feel more confident.
《Well, your boyfriend just left you here.》that was the last thing I heard before I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

______

Gif is not mine :-"