𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

tw

tw

( skip if you want not much changes. )

✿❀✿

THE NEXT morning i woke up to the sound of screaming and crying.

I shook Finney, shouting his name. "Finney! Wake up!"

He jumped up with his toy rocket in his hand. We rushed to the kitchen, where the crying was coming from.

"Im sorry!" Gwen cried."Dad! Stop!" Finney yelled to his father.

"Hey! You two, stay out of this!" He held the belt up.

Gwen whimpered. "Gwenny, They came to my work."

"Why did the police come to my work?" He asked, hitting her with the belt.

"I dont know! Im sorry!" She cried.

"You need to tell me what you know, about this investigation." Finney looked furious with his dad. I was frozen. I didn't know what to do.

"Nothing!" Gwen yelled.
"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." He raised the belt.
"Huh?" He asked again.

"Nothing!" Gwen screamed.

"What?!" Gwen grabbed the bottle of alcohol off the counter. "Nothing!"

"Hit me again, and I'm dropping it!" She threatened.

"You drop that, and I will beat your ass twice as hard." He raised the belt up once again.

He jumped slightly towards Gwen, making her flinch. She dropped the bottle.

"No, Gwenny. No!" I cried. I looked to Finney. My eyes started to sting, I tried to hold back my tears. Finney's face dropped.

Their father pulled Gwen back to the floor. "No, Dad!" Finney yelled. I hugged Finney with one arm. He did the same.

"That was an eight-dollar bottle of goddamn vodka!" He continued to beat Gwen.

The crys of Gwen made it harder not to cry. I feel a tear fall from my eye.

Gwen pulled her self up, holding the counter.

"Oh, now you listen to me." He told her.

"Listen to me. You are not your mother!"
Gwen continued to cry. "I know."