𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 第二章

| "I'll do whatever it takes for you to notice"|-???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shangri -La Hotel China

Everyone was now in the lounge area and now it was time to get to know other families, many lower families still didn't dare to speak to top families

Everyone was now in the lounge area and now it was time to get to know other families, many lower families still didn't dare to speak to top families. The all sat very far from the top families who were seated near the windows while the drank luxury wine. While Mr. Liu and Madam Yue chatted with Mr. Wang and Madam Chen, the other families stayed with themselves. No one dared to make eye contact with them because they all looked serious with scared lower families, but this pissed off Madam Zeng.

"What a monstrosity, dare to invite but scared to talk to a living skull, what an embarrassment" Madam Zeng blurted out causing her son Gongjun to sit next to her.

"Mother, they know you're too beautiful to come near, they're scared of your beauty mother" Gongjun smiled to make it seem genuine causing Madam Zeng to smile and caress Gongjun's cheek.

"I know son, that's why you're my lovely son and no one can beat that" Madam Zeng smiled as she looked at her son with such loving eyes, this interaction caught the attention of her other kids sitting near the window who watched in disgust.

"He really tries to get on her good side *pause* pathetic" Zi Yi said as she sipped her red wine and twirled the glass while looking at it.

"She says she doesn't favor anyone but with those actions, it says otherwise" Zi Yi sipped her wine again as her younger brother Cheng En sat up from the chair.

"I want to move out" Cheng En blurted out catching Zi Yi off guard making her look at Cheng En with widen eyes.

"What? Move out? Are you serious?" Zi Yi asked as she turned her body to him and looked at him dead in the eyes.

"I can no longer be in that house nor in this world where we go to these stupid annual celebrations" Cheng En exclaimed crossing his arms and looking out the window in frustration.

"Cheng En, those actions are something only mother has power of and if you do then, where are you going?" Zi Yi asked continuing to look at Cheng En who was looking out the window.

"Far *pause* Very far" Cheng En said as he turned back to face his sister who looked concerned.

"I wish I could tell the real reason but...but I can't get myself to" Cheng En got up and walked away leaving Zi Yi confused and concerned.

"This woman will be the downfall of us" Zi Yi sighed as she watched Madam Zeng smiled brightly at Gongjun and Yubin, this was something Zi Yi and Cheng En never got and still don't get after so many years of trying.

While this was happening, across the room Madam Ru was eyeing out Mr. Lu who sat next to Madam Jing as they talked with each other.

"Cute but at the same time, it's a pity" Madam Ru said to herself as she sipped her wine looking at Madam Jing trying to cuddle with Mr. Lu who seemed kind of annoyed but tried hiding it.