o7 || steve

High tailing was putting it lightly. Steve knew all the back roads and speed traps so he knew where to go and what to avoid. Lover's Lake was out here after all and not to mention skull rock, his infamous makeout spot. He hadn't waited around for Dustin nor Robin. He took initiative this time. He wasn't going to let people get involved in a potentially dangerous situation when he knew he could handle it. His mind ran to the worst places. What had she gone to Reefer Rick's for? He couldn't imagine he had anything she couldn't get . . . right? To his knowledge, she only smoked weed and drank, but maybe . . . he didn't want to let his mind wander to darker places. He couldn't imagine she could be that low right? His mind stung with harsh regret. He was keeping such a deep secret from her and it was eating him alive.

He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it from her.

Little did he know what he was about to walk into.

He ripped into the driveway, parking behind both a red pick up truck and Delilah's car. He swore to himself, wondering if he should grab his baseball bat out of his trunk. It certainly would pack a message, but he had to remind himself that he was dealing with real people, not technical monsters. Though they could be . . . He shook the thought away as he hopped out of the car and practically leapt up the stairs, skipping every other step. He knocked on the door repeatedly, loudly as he shouted into the door.

"Hey, I'm looking for Delilah Henderson!" He yelled, hoping he sounded like a cop.

As who he assumed was Reefer Rick answered the door, he almost regretted it. The tall, brunette man with tattoos covering his entire chest and arms stood a good five inches taller than him. He was kind of scrawny in stature, but Steve didn't have a great track record for winning fights when it came to human beings. How sad was that?

"Hey man, what's up?" He said, trying not to sound as nervous as he was, "I'm here to pick up Delilah." He said, matter of factly.

"She's not here," He said, turning to close the door on him, but Steve caught the edge of the door and shot him a dangerous smirk.

"I know she's in there. So let's just make this easier on both of us and let her come outside," Steve said, staring him down fiercely. He was ready for a fight, practically itching for one when it came to saving his friend some a situation she obviously didn't want to be in.

"Easy pretty boy, don't get your panties in a twist," He said with a small chuckle before moving to the side, allowing Steve entrance.

He did so, slightly hesitantly, but was determined to get to Delilah. As he entered, the wafting stench of pot filled his nostrils. As well as stale cigarette smoke. When he looked over to Delilah, she was bent over a table, dollar bill jammed up what he could only assume was her nostril and consuming a white powder straightened out in a thing line. He was temporarily stunned as Reefer Rick moved behind him, plopping down next to Delilah. His arm immediately snaked over her shoulders and brought her closer to him.

"You know this guy?" He asked, nodding towards Steve.

When she came back up, she glanced over, nose covered in residue from the table. He never wanted to see that face ever again. The face of a desperate girl caught in a drug dealer's den, deer in the head lights was the only way he could explain her face. For a moment, she looked truly stunned and embarrassed. It was like she was possessed and her true self was reaching out for help. Or maybe he was catching a contact high. Then a wide smile crossed her face before she snaked her way free of Reefer Rick's grasp and stumbled towards him, tripping over Rick's long legs. Steve was quick to jolt forward and catch her under her arms.

"Hey," He said, looking at her eyes which looked like they belonged to another girl, a girl crawling along the bottom, "You okay?"

"Steve!" She said, clinging to him as she regained her posture before she nodded, "Do you want in on this?" She thumbed towards the table.