Chapter 2

Gary woke up with a groan. "What happened-?" He asked, when he spotted some medicine with a note.

You idiot. You got drunk again! Here's some medicine to help with your hangover.

~Jenna

"Of course," Gary sighed.

§

Jenna ate a chocolate chip waffle, when Natsuki caught her attention.

"Ash told me you'e interested in battling?" Natsuki asked.

Jenna nodded. "Just thought I'd try it."

"Maybe Gary can help once he's done with his hangover," Natsuki offered.

"I can too-" Ash added.

"He's really powerful."

"So am I-!"

"He beat Ash a lot when they were kids."

"I'm here, you know!?" Ash hissed, as the two girls burst into a fit of laughter.

Ash folded his arms, in a humph position. "I was strong, too..."

"Yeah... But Gary was stronger," Natsuki shrugged.

"Hey!" Ash shrieked, his hair going up like a cat's back.

"It's true," Natsuki grinned.

"That would've been a fun battle to watch," Jenna laughed. "I bet you would have been pulverized!"

"Hey!" Ash screeched, again.

Natsuki giggled a bit at Ash, who was pretty much acting like a five-year-old.

Suddenly, Chloe came into the room. "Dad has a mission for us. He says Natsuki and Gary could join us if they want, too."

"Yippee!" Natsuki cheered, as they followed Chloe into the lab.

"All night..?" Carissa muttered.

"What's going on?" Jenna asked.

Professor Cerise hummed, turning to his group of researchers. "There's a town in Johto... It's been nighttime for nearly a week now."

"Night!?" Ash gasped. "Then when do people eat breakfast!?"

"Are you kidding me?" Goh sighed.

"Ash has a point... It must be affecting their sleep schedules," Professor Cerise pointed out. "Anyway, I want you to investigate it."

"Got it!" All of them affirmed.

§

Jenna looked around, staring at the night sky. "It's just like my soul! Dark and sparkly."

"That's an oxymoron," Natsuki countered.

"Do I look like I care?" Jenna stared at Natsuki with a deadpan face.

"Ok, break it up!" Goh sighed, shoving Jenna slightly. Jenna pushed him back, as he fell into Ash. "Ah-!"

"Loser," Jenna and Gary said, synchronized. They then gave each other a high-five.

Goh grumbled, as Ash helped him up. They then walked around the town curiously. They soon came across an old man doing exercise.

"Good morning!" Ash greeted.

"Morning? Huh..." The man grumbled.

"What's that?" Chloe asked, pointing to a navy bird sitting on a branch. He seemed kind of depressed.

"That's Murkrow," The man explained. "They're getting treated bad all over town. Everyone thinks of them as a bad omen."

Jenna looked at him. "He's kind of cute..." She then held out her arm. "Murkrow!"

The bird glanced her way, before stretching his wings and landing on her arm.

Jenna flinched the tiniest, but pet his back. "You're so soft..."

The Murkrow smiled, liking the relaxation he was getting.

With her free hand, Jenna reached into her pocket. She pulled out a spare Poké-ball, and held it up to Murkrow. "Can I catch you?"

Murkrow cawed, before bending down and clinking his beak against the Poké-ball.

Jenna smiled, as Murkrow was brought into the Poké-ball with a satisfying, click!