❪ 🦊 ❫ - happier ?!

heartbreaking texts ,, 💬

ever since he was little , choi yeonjun felt like the loneliest kid on the planet. being the only child was the core reason... but he also had more. no real friends. all of his friends were fakes , hanging out with him only because of his family's status... only because they wanted to be popular... only because they wanted money from him.

his whole life he felt as if he was never meant to be happy , that the void he felt inside his chest was permanent... and what he deserved. that changed when he transferred and met soobin , his new desk buddy. he introduced him to the rest , and it felt as if his life had entered a fresh , better , happier chapter.

he never really knew what could bring him happiness... not money , not popularity , not people's envy , not people's admiration , not his parent's empty compliments...

but he knew the answer after meeting her... nam jaemi.

nam jaemi was a new classmate of his , he met her when they were both fifteen. she immediately caught his eye with her charming smile , good heart that was always open for other people and gentle eyes that comforted him in bad times and gave him butterflies in the good. she was the definition of perfect to yeonjun.

at first he thought it might've been a silly little crush that would go away , but when she befriended his friend group , the feelings only started to grow deeper. it didn't help that when he tried to confess... she took it in a platonic way. maybe it was the location... after all it was in the school hallway after she had given him some advice about a fight he started.

"jaemi... i like you" yeonjun breathes out smiling as the girl dabs the boy's cut cheek , eyes set on the perfect girl.

"me too , you're an amazing friend yeonjun... but you really gotta stop fighting so much" she mumbles as she narrows her eyes at his cheek , his heart sinking into his shoes in disappointment.

it may be creepy that he knows almost everything about her... be it her plans for the future , her likes and dislikes , her family , her past friendships and her insecurities... all the little things he's been soaking up from every conversation they've had since they were fifteen.

it's pathetic that he views his best friend this way. he shouldn't , he really shouldn't be viewing her this way but he can't help it. she's just too perfect for yeonjun not to fall in love with.

but yeonjun now knows , turning nineteen this year , that he wants to confess to jaemi and properly this time. he can't be just the good friend who give each other advice... he wants to make her as happy as he is with her , because he's been so much happier lately thanks to her. no therapy had ever helped him get rid of his depression... his anxiety... his nightmares. who would've thought all it took was just a girl to make it melt away.