0.9: True Time

Beomgyu took a seat across from Taehyun. He ended up coming to New Zara as to not inconvenience Taehyun into entering Monzara again. Each taking the other in for a few minutes in silence. Beomgyu had glowing green eyes & a matching vial of Soobin' lime green breath hanging around his neck.

Taehyun sighed. He felt immensely nervous when addressing Beomgyu, "범규형 죄송합니다. 학원에서 있었던 일을 용서해 줄 수 있겠어요?" (I am sorry, Beomgyu hyung. Do you think you can forgive me for what happened at the institute ?) Beomgyu was filled in a bit by Cedric when he showed up at his Aunt Sooyeon' place since Taehyun asked to see him. Training with Tae-Da had been an good change for his temperament. 

"I forgive you, Taehyun ah. Regardless of how I felt I know you were trying to get me to understand my actions." He agreed ? Taehyun wasn't expecting this at all. He truly expected that Beomgyu would still be pretty angry with him. "Huening Kai left a little before me. I think the stress of everything had gotten too much for him..." Beomgyu nodded, "그럴 줄 알았어요 휴닝카이는 항상 저희 다섯 명 중에서 가장 감성적이었습니다. 저는 그가 자신을 위해 무언가를 했다는 것이 기쁩니다." (I figured. Huening Kai was always the most sentimental out of the five of us. I am glad he did something for himself.)

Both boys were a bit uncomfortable, not knowing how to deal with each other anymore. Beomgyu had taken notice to Taehyun' new look as well. Things were so uncertain. Especially with how each of them felt about the institute. "So, why did you want to see me ?", Beomgyu asked as the eventually went for a walk around the New Zara Charter. Taehyun flushed a bit embarrassed. There was no easy way of asking his estranged friend to commit to a blood pact. 

"I wanted to ask you something, hyung. I want to complete a blood pact." Beomgyu took in his words seriously. Taehyun answered his questions as best as he could given he had only just learned himself. Ultimately, they'd both need to agree ,& find something they could base their blood pact on. Now Beomgyu' temperament was in a better place, but that didn't excuse his feelings. He still felt slighted & now he was beginning to see that Taehyun probably now understood how he felt.

Beomgyu sighed, "우리의 혈맹을 충성에 기초할 수 있을까요? 태현아, 우리가 동의할 수 있는 건가요?" (Can we base our blood pact on loyalty ? Is that something we can agree upon, Taehyun ah ?) Taehyun knew very well what he was hinting at. Which he wasn't opposed to. He very much was still angry with Yeonjun. Beomgyu probably would have his anger directed at Yeonjun as well since Huening Kai & Soobin weren't obstacles anymore. Especially since Soobin was in no position to defend himself ,& Kai left the institute with a heavy heart.

"Loyalty ? We can use that for the blood pact. Are you willing to do the blood pact ?" Beomgyu smirked as he rested a hand on Taehyun' shoulder. "Let's get this done then."

Soon enough Taehyun underwent his blood pact with Beomgyu. The process was quick & non-stressful. They now had a complete understanding of the other. Soojin gifted her eldest son a pendant to wear around his neck. The pendant holding a single hourglass charm. 

--------------------------------------------------

A Few Months Later...

Taehyun was on a calming with his his mother. Soojin was ecstatic that Taehyun was adjusting well & seemed very dedicated to his training. She also was happy he completed his blood pact. Beomgyu visited when he could since he too had training of his own. "What is it, Taehyun ah ? You seem a bit upset."

Taehyun offered a smile as he walked. Upset ? He wasn't upset. He just was certainly in a better mindset after his blood pact with Beomgyu. "위험하지 않다고 확신하면 장벽을 허물 건가요, 엄마?" (Would you take down the barrier if I assured you there was no danger, Mom ?) This was a question he had been pondering for a while. Soojin looked her son in the eyes, "Is this what has been plaguing your mind ? The barrier protects us... I am not sure we can just let go of that."

The barrier around New Zara is what protected them. It was all they've known for so long. To take it down would be a huge risk. Nothing was said for a long time as people thought things over. Could they take their barrier down ? Was it worth it after all this time ?

Taehyun gave a teary eyed smile, "True. Only time will tell if that would be beneficial to us all..."