Forever May You Reign

*Twelve Years Later*

~~~

If only she knew her soul would be bound to this place... maybe she would have chosen somewhere warmer to suspend her soul.

Maybe she should have chosen the Leviathan Great Fairy Fountain in Gerudo.

But no, she was a being of wisdom. She must be bound to Mount Lanayru.

"O' youth, guided by / the servant of the goddess-"

And it wasn't like she was completely alone. There were other beings of wisdom, beings the world never knew about. One, for instance, had just struck the chords of a harp. "Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land."

"Ah!" An almost melodical voice chirped. "Your Grace, my Queen! I did not know it was you inside Naydra's afflicted figure today."

"It will not be long until the Sheikah arrive."

A purple-colored, feathery dragon hopped out of the shadows into the waters of the Spring of Wisdom. A white patch on her wings resembling the full moon glistened as she cried "Oh, happy birthday, my Queen! You look not a day over seventeen!"

Zelda rolled her eyes and smirked. "Thank you, Lady Sirie."

"Of course! So! How are you on this fine day?"

"Cold."

Sirie instantly puffed up into a feathered ball. "Bbbbrrrrr! Indeed! The wind's got a frozen bite. Perhaps after the Sheikah come, I could bring you some treats from warmer climates! Least I can do for my Queen on her birthday, after a stunning performance that her king cannot hear."

"It's about him and all the others that I sing. I hope one day he'll come to the Spring, just as we did on his last day."

Sirie smoothly morphed into the brown-and-white figure of a creature long extinct, then laid a now-furry hand over Naydra(Zelda)'s snout. "The Shrine will do a good job. It will bring him back to you, and he will be here to greet her."

Naydra's head bobbed with Zelda's agreement. "I know."

As soon as Sirie's finger tipped the tip of her snout in thought, a mischievous smile crossed her face, she hopped down into an odd bow. "I might know a way to bring you comfort." Even less subtly than the first time, Sirie morphed back into a dragon and took off, as suddenly as she had appeared.

Although, in all honesty, Zelda's appearance at the Spring of Wisdom was just as sudden. While the Spirit Naydra had been captured during the Calamity, Zelda had not assumed control of the dragon at any point, except during the last twelve years. She had reached a point where she could no longer remain in the castle for the Calamity's anniversary. Ganon refused to set her free for this one day. Having already occupied Naydra, he would suspend her within the great Dragon to allow her out of the cursed palace while still being controlled. After the first few times, he realized he could temporarily banish her there whenever he found her ramblings (or eating of the offering bananas) incessant. Truth be told, it was originally her idea, and she really should have picked somewhere warmer. She greatly underestimated the amount of times Ganon would banish her temporarily.

In her defense, however, Ganon should have done his research before holding a pregnant woman captive! She has a child to feed, and a very hungry one at that. So what if she gets into the banana stash every so often?

Link would make sure she'd never go hungry. He'd make sure she never had to resort to the drastic measures of theft, have to fret over their child's wellbeing.