~PROLOGUE~

I sprang up as horror filled my eyes, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, girl!" uttered Hazel, my red-head co-worker who stared at me from beside my desk with files choking in her arms.

"You still got time to ask if she's serious? I'm so sorry for you," Mallory added, not bothering to take her eyes off her monitor screen that was situated on a desk not too far from mine.

On heels, I frantically ran-walked out of the office.

I don't even know if that word exists but you get the idea.

Jeffery Cartier, a wealthy ass bastard.

Well, yeah, he is a bastard.

Rumour had gone around that he grew up without any knowledge of what his father looked like nor even a residue of what the damned man left behind- except himself, the child his mother was forced to carry for fear of death during an abortion.

Jeffery grew up with a determined mindset, deciding to reward his mother for not leaving him behind as his so-called father had done.

He had worked hard and without any argument, hard-earned his post as one of the top-ten richest billionaires in the country, just at the age of 26.

Even with his newly acquired fame and riches, he remained the same; hardworking.

He was a rare kind of CEO to not stay off the office building just because he was already rich and had people to do his work for him.

His mother always stood by him with words of encouragement. Although she did so in harsh ways most times, the fact that she didn't leave was enough for him.

That was probably how he got his disgusting character. She was the only person he cherished- his weakness.

Anyone asides her was trash to him: his acquaintances, business partners and we, his workers.

Being the strict man that he was, he didn't condone lateness, error, breathing, anything at all!

We, the staff, would have picked anyone else over him- literally any other person to be our boss. But as you know, money can craftily sway one's decision.

He was cruel, undeniably. But one thing he'd never do was to financially undertreat a worker.

For that, people prayed and maybe even visited divination centres, just so they could be employed in Vanish.

I'm just kidding, no one could be that keen.

Sadly, the majority of these people who struggled and even let go of their other offers to get into Vanish, would not even pass the interview.

No, this time I'm not joking.

Now, that same job opportunity that could only be seen and wished for from afar was dished to me on a platter of gold. Who would be a fool to not accept?

Now, aside from the fact that Jeffery was a total asshole who satisfied his workers financially, he was a complete ten out of ten.

His every gesture made people's mouths gape in awe. It got to a point where even his death stares were considered hot.

He was perfect.

Maybe I was overreacting but it seemed like the fact. Not just to me, but to every living soul.

Words could not even do proper justice to vividly describe how hot he was. His physique was huge and manly- his shoulders, his chest, and somewhere else where babies were discharged.

Yeah, I do know that. Why won't I? After all, it was through that I got my job.

It's an explicit story but I won't tell you about it now.

You know why?

It's because Jeffery Cartier just told me to report to his office, immediately!

...
..
.

-------------

Dear reader, was the prologue good enough for you?

Whilst you await the next chapter, ponder on this; what do you think may have caused Claire's boss to call for her urgently?

Thank you for reading♡. If you enjoyed this chapter, please ensure to vote also.

 If you enjoyed this chapter, please ensure to vote also