14.

I wasn't allowed to come along on their rescue operation

Or how Michael called it, Operation Dominic. Idiotic name.

But does that mean I am staying on the side line? Nope. I packed myself with a few weapons and a bullet-proof vest. And now I'm hidden in the trunk of Easton's car while he, Asher and Michael drive to their uncle's house.

They think I'm out for groceries. Please. 

The car stops roughly, and my head bumps against the wall. I can hardly stop myself from groaning in pain. So this is how reckless Easton drives without me. 

I can't think of a proper way to come out of my hiding place before said reckless husband opens the trunk. He's looking behind him, at someone who yelled a question, before reaching for a bag right next to my head.

I give him a smile and wait until he sees me. When he does, he squeals and jumps back. His surprise is soon replaced by anger.

"Little love, what are you—"

"I am freeing Dominic. You could help, if you want."

Easton's jaw slacks a little. I push it closed and climb out of the trunk. Two guns are hidden under my black coat, preparing me for the war that's about to unravel in a few moments.

Ash runs over to me. He cups my cheeks. "Butterfly, please. I know you miss Dominic, we all do, and I know Camilla is your baby. But please don't bring yourself in danger."

I scoff, readjusting the gloves on my hands. "I've learned enough over the years. Easton taught me how to handle a gun, and I've taught myself the rest."

He frowns. "The rest? What re—"

In the few seconds of his confusion, I've taken my gun and got it to his throat, with my other arm having him secured. "Oh— Okay—"

"I am going in that building and getting my babies, and no one can stop me. Not even you." He nods, so I let go of him and hide my gun again. "If you'll excuse me."

I brush past him and walk over to Michael, who is getting himself ready for the attack, too. He looks up with a smirk and a sentence in his mouth, but nothing comes out when he sees me.

I smile and give him a little wave. "Hello, Mike. Are you going to gape at me for five more minutes or can I tell you my plan so you actually do something useful? Just a question."

His shocked expression changes into a scowl as he continues to put his gloves on. "You can tell me your plan," he mumbles.

I smirk and tell him where I want him to be helpful. He blinks at me when I'm done. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. "Is it too complicated for you?"

He rolls his eyes too. "No. It's just— you're Daisy. And now suddenly you're all— Oh my god. You're in fight mode!"

I bite my tongue. "Of course I'm in fucking fight mode! They took Dominic and Camilla! What else am I supposed to do? Stand by the side and anxiously watch? No way."