18.

&Easton&

&Easton&

"Well, no, that's not how it works."

I smirk at Dominic attempting to help the kids with their homework. Today, the homework is math, so it's a little bit of a crisis. However, I do think he's handling it like a champ.

Aiden is throwing a tantrum, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at his dad. Sebastian is trying to find a way to escape the hospital bed, climbing over anything and anyone. Dominic always picks him up and drags him back.

I bet he regrets lowering his medicine now.

Camilla is the only one really trying. She's trying to teach the others, along with Dominic, while they are pointedly ignoring her. I'm keeping myself offside, since I have no desire in having an argument with them.

"Okay, Aiden, it's only one more exercise! For fudge's sake, Seb, stop moving! Camilla, I love you, but can you just close your mouth for a second? I'm trying to—Easton! Help!"

I look up from my laptop, seeing an exasperated Dominic. Two kids are curled up on his chest while he's flat out on his back, while Aiden has escaped and is throwing his shoes at Dom's face. Maybe I should help the poor man.

"Aiden, why don't you–"

"AHHH," my son shouts, right before going through with his plan on murdering his dad. Only, now that I've stopped him from attacking Dominic, he's choosing another dad to kill.

Me.

His body collides with mine before I, too, am flat on my back. Dominic is luckier than me, though, because he doesn't have to fall on hard ground. I groan, cradling the back of my head that bumped a little too harshly.

Rather displeased, I face the truth. Me and my brother, the fucking Whitlock brothers, have been overthrown by three children who are approximately five.

It's fucking sad.

"Easton, whining about a little headache won't help the fact that I'm being crushed by monsters. Get up and help me." At Dominic's remark, I groan again. Doesn't that man see that I, too, am being attacked by a monster?

Just at that moment, said monster starts jumping on my stomach. I roll over, making him stumble and fall. Though he doesn't deserve it after tormenting me, I save him from dropping on the floor as harshly as I did.

"God damn it, Aiden, how did I ever raise you like this?" I curse, putting him on his ass on a chair and turning to Dominic. All of a sudden, however, the whiner doesn't have to be saved anymore. No, he's nicely napping with the two kids, who are asleep as well.

Asshole.

Little, suppressed sobs fill my ears. It hits me like a truck. Frozen in place, I realize they're truly coming from Aiden. Aiden, my son, who never cries.