The sports festival, third round first part

Shoto pov.

Everyone around me looks extra nervous right now. I thought they'd be used to it by now. We are only about sixteen people left and, surprisingly, only students from 1A and 1B, plus Hatsume and the tired looking guy with purple hair.

I know that it was to be expected that hero course students would beat the others in combat but this is a bit harsh, right?

The aur gets thicker the longer we stand around waiting for Midnight to continue. I see a girl from 1B sweating nervously and fiddling her hair. I would calm her down but someone else got there first.

Bakugo pushed himself past me and stared at her face. He looked, I don't know gow to describe it, gentle?

Bakugo: "Hey. There's no reason to be nervous. You did well before so why worry now? You won't beat me anyway but second place is still free. So calm down, alright?"

"Alright, thank you", she mumbled.

"Good", Bakugo said and went back to where he was standing prior to moving.

I looked to the girl and she seemed to have calmed down a bit. It's good to see Bakugo can be nice too. He probably got that from Izuku. I do believe that Bakugo would have actually killed someone if it hadn't been for Izuku's influence.

I think I really love him, but how do I tell him? I'm too afraid to just say it and don't even know if he feels the same. I shouldn't assume he loves me just because he was the first person to be truly interested in me on a personal level.

No, I shouldn't overthink and especially not now. Oh, would you look at that! I totally missed that Midnight started talking again.

Midnight: "This last round will be individual battles! Two randomly selected students will fight until one is incapacitated, gives up or leaves the arena. There is no time limit."

I hope someone surprisingly beats Bakugo before I have to fight him.

"The battles are like this!", she pointed at the huge screen above the little cabin with Present Mic and Aizawa-sensei.

"The first battle will be Ochaco Uraraka against Kendo Itsuka! You have ten minutes to prepare! The others will go back to their seats and wait for their turn."

With that said everyone left the field and the two girls went to their preparation rooms. Uraraka should be able to beat her opponent unless Kendo has a mean trick up her sleeve. I assume that Uraraka's plan is to just touch her, which sbould be easy considering Kendo's quirk.

I sit down where I had sat before and look at the battle plan. Next up is Tokoyami against Momo and after that the purple haired guy against me.

I don't know his quirk but I heard rumors about someone in UA with purple hair and a brainwashing ability. I hope they're not about this guy, if I were brainwashed I'd never be able to prove to my father that I don't need him.

For now I should calm down and see who wins the first fights. My guess is Uraraka and Momo. Uraraka has the advantage of quirk and Momo is highly capable and strategic.

"The first battle begins now!", I heard Midnight shout and on her signal I see Uraraka rushing towards Kendo. Kendo lifts her abnormally large hands and tries to throw Uraraka out of the arena, but she dodges swiftly.

This goes on for a while until Uraraka managed to grab a hold of Kendo's hand after swinging past her. She grabs the, now weightless Kendo and throws her towards the outer line.

Kendo tries to desperately grab the floor but fails and floats out of bounds.

"Uraraka wins and will proceed to the next round!", Present Mic exclaimed joyously.