Prologue

:

A lonely wanderer lost his way

A lonely wanderer-that's who he was.

Following a never-ending journey, only guided by the wind and its whispers, and trudging wherever his feet carried him. He listened to the thin streams that ran along his way, laughed about the stories the birds had to tell and thanked the sun that gifted him with their guidance and warmth.

Thus, he was not lonely in the ways of his being. He knew how to laugh, how to appreciate and be grateful; how to cry, be sad on behalf of others and console; how to be happy, make friends and be helpful.

He was not lonely in the ways of his being. He'd made many friends along his way-fishes that taught him their nimble ways and birds chirping of freedom. Deers who spoke of loyalty and snakes hissing in contempt. He'd learned, while he wandered-endlessly.

Time lost its time zones

It must have been years since he last saw a human. Or maybe it was only just a month, a day, a minute? A second of sunshine was enough to brighten his day and so he didn't know how much time had passed-as there was no reason to count in the first place. Was there a sense to waiting for his peace to end, when he could simply live in the moment?

Where he went, he went; where he stopped, he stopped; where he stayed, he left. It was a frugal life, with no expectations-only he, himself and I on a never-ending journey. With no beginning nor end, his destination the way itself and his thoughts set free from all earthly shackles.

His heart is worn out by spindle of flaws

It'd been exciting at first. Everyday he explored something new. No blade of grass the same shade or shape, no leaf looking like the next, nature was much like humans themselves, he noticed. Individual, special. Only much purer, with trees supporting instead of working against one another, and a deeply rooted loyalty like that of a wolf.

He saw many things on his journey. Things he'd never seen before. The sea, a glimmering field of depth and beauty. Lush forests that seemed endless and a horizon that, no matter how far he'd go, always hid a new adventure.

But with time that ruthlessly ticked by, even if he didn't want it to, came a sense of familiarity. The glimmering sea suddenly seemed awfully shallow. Lush forests dulled out and the horizon seemed too far away to dream of reaching its womb.

And somewhere in the distance waits for him the one

But the sky turned dark anyways, let the stars spread their wonder, let the moon shine brightly and mighty. He looked long at the stars, wondering if it ever got tedious for those twinkling mysteries to shine on and on and on-with no change of scenery, the same world; still full of colour but lacklustre all the same.

So he asked, "Doesn't it ever get tiresome?"

But the stars held no answer.

And so he continued.

Above plains of stone and hills of sand.

Thickets of jungles and forests whose green was rich like no other, yet stifling in the worst way.

Through fields of flowers in full bloom and mountains so high, he might as well have touched the sky.

He trudged and tramped and saw but went.

And he asked himself, would it ever end?

Clean, not once touched by dirty hands