PART 10: Confidence

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

ೃ⁀➷𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

P'Yin stopped the car near the cafe where I was about to meet up with Bomm and Peat. "Call me if anything, okay? I will be around here meeting Bar," P'Yin said.

"Okay, phi," I responded, a smile playing on my lips. With a soft touch, I cradled his face in my hands, drawing him into a lingering kiss. "I love you, phi," I murmured against his lips.

He smiled against my lips and reciprocated with a heartfelt kiss on my forehead. "I love you more, baby. Take care."

With a final look filled with love, I stepped out of the car. I stood by the sidewalk, watching as P'Yin drove away, the sound of the engine fading gradually.

I then walked to the cafe and pushed open the door. The cozy ambiance of the coffee shop welcomed me and my eyes quickly found Bomm and Peat already seated at a corner table. Their animated conversation paused as they spotted me and wide smiles broke across their faces.

"War! Here!" Peat said while waving at me and I walked towards them.

"Are you coming with your scooter, War?" Bomm asked as I took a seat at the empty chair.

"I'm not, my boyfriend dropped me off," I replied honestly, my attention shifting to the menu in front of me.

"Oh, I had no idea you were gay," he stated, causing my hand to freeze in its quest for a meal choice.

Slowly, I looked up, meeting Bomm's gaze. An awkward tension enveloped us, a sudden stillness that hung in the air. The way he had spoken, the tone he'd used, it carried a certain brusqueness that made me uncomfortable. For a moment, the air seemed to thicken, the silence almost palpable.

"Bomm..." Peat broke the silence. "Why are you talking like that? It's not wrong for War to have a boyfriend," he continued.

"Awww, I didn't mean to sound insensitive. I'm not homophobic, okay? I also used to have a crush on my handsome senior," Bomm said.

I offered a faint smile to diffuse the tension. "Well, yeah, you know, love knows no boundaries," I said, my words gentle yet firm, a quiet assertion of my identity. It was as if I was not just responding to Bomm's remark but also underlining the fact that being true to oneself was something to be proud of.

Bomm smiled from ear to ear. "Sorry, War if my words sound rude," he said.

"No worries," I replied, my tone reassuring. "It's all good."

For nearly an entire hour, our conversation spanned across a lot of topics, delving into the heart of our current internship experiences and the upcoming events that awaited our active involvement. With animated gestures and genuine enthusiasm, we shared anecdotes that illuminated the intricacies of our roles and the valuable lessons we had gathered.

"I must admit," Peat confessed with a slight pout. "There's something about P'Wave that makes me feel a bit uneasy. It's like he reaches out to me with messages that have nothing to do with work. And, you know, he occasionally shows up at my desk without any apparent reason."

His words struck a chord with me as I had indeed observed P'Wave's persistent efforts to establish a closer connection with Peat. It had not escaped my notice that P'Wave often sought excuses to approach Peat, sometimes dropping by his desk to inquire about his availability after work.

"I noticed that too, Peat. It does seem like he's going out of his way to talk with you," I said while drinking my matcha latte.

Peat's expression grew more thoughtful. "It's just that I value my personal space. I appreciate friendly coworkers but-"