PART 19: Weirdest

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

ೃ⁀➷𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

I stood in front of the large glass window in my office, sipping on a cup of coffee as I surveyed the city below. The atmosphere was tense. Mr. Louis stood not far away from me and I had my back turned to him. I could sense his nervous energy.

I gripped my coffee cup tightly, the memory of yesterday's events weighing heavily on my mind. How could Louis have treated War so roughly? Fuck it, I couldn't shake the feeling of anger that settled in my blood.

Without facing him, I broke the silence. "Louis," I called out, my voice cutting through the heavy silence like a knife.

Startled, Louis flinched at the sound of my voice, his unease evident in his trembling demeanor. "Y-yes, Mr. President?" He responded tentatively.

My jaw clenched tightly, every muscle in my body tense with restrained fury. "Do you remember who War is?" I asked, my tone clipped and controlled, though beneath the surface, a simmering anger threatened to boil over.

Yes, for sure it infuriated me to no end when someone mistreated War in such a manner. War wasn't just anyone but he is my life and I will do everything to provide him with the best possible life. Yet, to see someone dare to treat my cherished partner so callously ignited a raging fire within me.

Louis hesitated. "Um, yes, he's...your boyfriend, Mr. President," he said nervously.

My jaw clenched even tighter, the muscles in my body coiling with restrained fury. "Yes, he is," I replied tersely. "And do you remember how you treated my boyfriend yesterday?" I pressed.

Louis shifted uncomfortably. "I...I may have been...overzealous," he admitted, his voice tinged with regret.

Overzealous. The word grated against my senses, igniting a fresh wave of anger within me. "Overzealous?" I repeated incredulously. "You manhandled my boyfriend. You treated him with utter disrespect. Do you comprehend the severity of your actions?"

Louis paled under my scrutiny, realizing the gravity of the situation. "I...I apologize, Mr. President. It won't happen again," he said with a trembling voice.

I couldn't help but let out a mock chuckle at Louis's response. Clenching my fists at my sides, I fought to contain the seething rage threatening to consume me. I ran a hand over my face and then massaged the bridge of my nose in a futile attempt to alleviate the persistent ache that had settled there.

Turning to face Louis, my eyes bore into him with an intensity that made him visibly shrink back. "Louis, let's be clear. Before I hired you for this position, I made it abundantly clear that I have a boyfriend and he.is.my.top priority," I stated firmly, my tone leaving no room for misunderstanding.

I walked slowly towards him and set my cup of coffee down on the table. "I expect nothing less than the utmost respect and consideration for my boyfriend from everyone in this office, including you," I continued.

My anger pulsates in waves around us. "You crossed a line, Louis. You laid your hands on him without a second thought and that is something I will not tolerate," I said angrily.

Louis swallowed nervously, his eyes widening in fear as he realized the extent of my fury. "I...I'm sorry, Mr. President. I didn't mean to-" he stammered but I cut him off with a sharp gesture.