Chapter 4

Reiki Anluan

The next day Dabi left to do something so Reiki was just laying in bed, bored. She had slept till noon and Dabi had left her lunch on the bedside table. Dabi was going to get them some food since the fridge was empty and get some more pain medicine. He still needed to get burner phones for them but he said he was going to do it the next day.

💙 Dabi's P.O.V 💙

"Reiki?" Dabi called as he opened the door to the safe house. Silence. Okay, she could be asleep. Dabi eased open the door to the bedroom. "Reiki?" Reiki was laying on her side on the bed. Wait, she was laying on her back when he left.

"Hi... Dabi..." Reiki whispered as Dabi walked over to her.

"How did you move?" Dabi checked her over for injuries. He flicked on the lights and blood stained the covers. "Who the-"

"My dad, okay? Don't ask. He found me and-"

"Hold up, your dad did this?!" Reiki shrank away from him. Dabi sighed and sat next to her. "Sorry. Let's just... clean these for now. I expect you to tell me later. Or when you're ready to tell me."

"Okay..."

💙 Back to Reiki's P.O.V 💙

Dabi set Reiki down next to him on the crates in the warehouse. Toga, Sakura, Shigaraki, Spinner, Kuorgiri, Magne, and Compress were already there. Twice was on his way with new people. Twice opened the door.

"Twice!" Reiki shouted, sitting up. "Hi!" Twice waved to Reiki and Sakura, who had gone to chat with Reiki.

"You brought a crazy big fish, huh, Twice?" Shigaraki said.

"Big fish?" the man said. "That's ironic...League of Villains..." Reiki glared at the guy. He was weird. He gave off an unsettling aura.

"What?" Magne said. "Is that guy someone famous?"

"Master showed me a picture of him before," Shigaraki said. "He's what you call 'yakuza.'"

"Kai Chisaki," Reiki said. "The young head of the Shie Hassikai." Her companions looked at her. "Did some research."

"So he's the number two of organized crime?" Magne asked. "Oh, my! I've never seen anything like him! He smells dangerous."

"Organized crime?" Toga questioned. "How's he different from us?"

"All right," Compress said. "Let me tell you. In the past, there were lots of scary groups that ran the underworld. But after heroes started thriving, they were unmasked and disbanded. And once All Might appeared on the scene, that era was over. The survivors that hadn't been caught were designed to be villain groups. In other words, they were treated like villain reserves, just scraping by, living under the careful watch of the police. Frankly, they're obsolete and should be a protected species."

"They aren't animals," Reiki countered.

"Protected species, huh?" Kai said. "Well, he's not wrong."

"So, why's this impoverished yakuza boy here?" Shigaraki asked. "Are you also high on All Might's retirement?"

"No, it's less about All Might and more about the loss of All For One." The League of Villains tensed. "The emperor of darkness who ruled over all the underside of society. My generation treated him like an urban legend. But our elders believed they had reason to fear him. Even after he was rumored to be dead. But this time, he showed up in the flesh. All Might retired and All for One was thrown in Tartarus. In other words, both those in the sun and shadows have no leader. So who will be the next leader?"