Chapter 12

Dabi

"What do you mean she's not home?!" Dabi shouted. He ran his hands through his jet-black hair. Shinos covered his ears at his brother's shout. "She went out and hasn't been back all day?"

"Dabi," Aizawa said. "Calm down. We'll find her. We already called the police. Your father and brother along with Hawks and a lot of other pro heroes are already looking for her."

"How am I supposed to stay calm when my girlfriend just disappeared without a trace?!"

"Burnt chicken nugget," Sakura said. "You need to take a chill pill."

"He ran out of those ages ago," Shigaraki grumbled. "He's been using Reiki's for a while."

"She had extra," Toga said. Dabi glared at the three sitting on the couch. Twice had thankfully stayed silent to avoid the former flame villain's rage. Eri walked over and tugged Dabi's shirt hem.

"Reiki will be back, right?" Eri asked, tearfully. Dabi bent down and picked her up.

"We'll find her," Dabi promised. "Don't worry. She'll be back before you know it."

💙 🌹 💙

There was pain, then numbness, and then more pain. Reiki's arms were aching and her vision was hazy. She was sure that if you took the chains off her, she'd fall to the ground. All her strength left her body after her father left the room some time ago. 

Reiki had no idea what time it was. Had weeks passed? Months? Days? Hours? Minutes? Years? Please let no years have passed, Dabi would be worried sick. So would Aizawa, Emi, Shinso, Eri, Sakura, Rei, Shoto, Fuyumi, Natsuo, Endeavor, Shigaraki, Twice, and Toga. Maybe even Hawks. 

It was an eternity since she last felt her arms and legs. Her body ached from the strain. She lay there still stretched out over the table as her blood trickled into the bowls and some of it off the table and onto the ground.

Move Reiki! She chanted in her mind. Move! Get back to Sakura. Tomura. Jin. Himiko. Eri. Dad. Mom. Hitoshi. Shoto. Enji. Rei. Fuyumi. Natsu. Keigo. Get back to Dabi! He's worried sick! The more she struggled, the faster her blood flowed down into the bowls and off the table, where basins were beneath her. For the love of God, Reiki! Once in your life be useful and escape!  White hot pain surged through her body. Push through it. None of this matters if you can get back to them. Go! Stinging pain erupted from her side, making her scream.

"Don't move," her father's voice ordered. A tearing pain shot through Reiki's entire body as blood flowed out of the wound on her back. Tears streamed like a waterfall down her cheeks. Still, she kept struggling. Get back to them. For them, you have to move. You have to get out of here! She screamed when her back was cut again. Then, a sedative was injected into her system, making her world turn black.

Hey, early chapter because I probably can't post on Thursday.