Chapter 10

Reiki Anluan

Okay, this is going to be a dark chapter. We're going to find out about Reiki's past. I'm pretty sure it wasn't killing you guys until this chapter. BUT I won't give any heads up before a gore part. There aren't any funny things either. It's just a very serious chapter. If you want to keep reading, you may. Please consider yourself warned. You can skip the chapter if you want but I don't recommend it.

When Reiki got up the next morning, Eri was the only one missing. Dabi was sitting with Shinso and Aizawa at the table while Emi cooked breakfast. Luckily, it was a weekend.

"Where's Eri?" Reiki asked, sitting next to Dabi.

"She went to meet Kota," Aizawa replied. "Another kid her age."

"Oh!" Reiki fiddled with her fingers. Shinso noticed this and looked at her curiously.

"What's wrong, Nee-san?" Shinso asked. Shinso was like her little brother just as much as Aizawa was her father and Emi was her mother.

"I... it's nothing." Dabi glanced at her. "I just want to tell you what happened to me before... I met the League." Emi turned off the stove and sat down in her seat.

"Do you want to talk here?" Emi asked. "Or in the living room?" Reiki tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"The living room... it's a long story."

💙 🌹 💙

Reiki was sitting next to Dabi on the couch with Shinso on her other side. Emi and Aizawa were sitting in the armchairs. They were all under the blankets since it was cold. Emi had made hot chocolate and put them on the coffee table.

"Are you sure?" Reiki asked, quietly. "It's really dark..." Dabi nodded and leaned Reiki against him. Her head rested on his shoulder with her shoulder tucked under his.

"Yeah," Shinso replied. "I want to know. I know Dad and Mom want to know too." Reiki smiled at Shinso.

"Okay... then... everything happened the day I was born. But before I start I want you guys to remember that my dad wanted a son, not a daughter." They all nodded and Reiki began her story.

💙 Reiki, Age: 3 💙

"Mama?" Reiki said, tugging her mom's dress. Her dad had just gotten home and smelled like alcohol.

"Hm?" Mom asked, looking down at Reiki.

"Father smells weird." Mom immediately scooped up Reiki and locked her in her bedroom. Reiki pressed her ear to the door to listen to what was happening. Normally, a 3-year-old shouldn't know what alcohol smelled like but Dad always came home like this. Every night. Minutes passed. Minutes bled into hours. Reiki stumbled over to her bed and quietly cried. Only Mom could let her out of her room. Only Mom had the key. It was fine. Right? Around 9, Mom opened up her door. "Mama?"

"I'm right here, sweetie." Mom hugged Reiki, despite being covered in blood. "Father's gone to bed." Reiki nodded weakly and hugged her mom tighter.

"I thought Father killed you..."

"He can't." This is what her younger years were like before she entered kindergarten.

💙 Reiki, Age: 5 💙

A shy Reiki walked towards her kindergarten classroom. She was already the victim of one of the so-called popular kids. Reiki didn't care. It wasn't like she hadn't dealt with things like this at home. Mom was often at work so Reiki walked home and when she did, Dad was already there, ready to hit her for something.