Chapter 34

I made it to the marketplace to buy stationary, so we could write a letter to the others at home. The merchant was surprised when they heard me talk since even with my wind magic it will always be obvious that I'm mostly deaf since I can't get rid of how slur my words.

I have improved a lot, so it can be hard to tell sometimes.

They actually seemed quite sweet and put in a little effort to make sure they heard me right.

It was very sweet of them.

I paid for some paper and a couple of other things. I looked in the bag on my way back to make sure I had everything before I got to far. My wind magic was too far for me to hear around me.

I felt someone small run past me since they hit into my cloak. "Rude," I mumbled. "Could be him...Dragon rubber!"

I held it up proudly as I walked then put it away and kept an eye on my surroundings since it would hurt a lot using my wind magic around here with this many people. This is one of the loudest cities I have been in, the market people are constantly yelling for people to come over and see their stuff, it's so annoying.

I yelled at them back the first time as I held my hands over my ears while crying from the pain.

Eris tried to murder them, but Rudeus stopped her while Ruijerd was comforting me.

I felt a tug on my arm making me stop and freeze for a second, it reminded me of when my wrist broke. I was a little nervous, but I looked to see a little girl crying and everyone was looking at us as she clung to my arm desperately.

I used magic to hear her and bent down a little since she wasn't to far from my height. "Mum?" She asked me as more tears fell from her face.

".......how do you have a kid again?" I asked her.

"Kid, she's not your mum." Someone spoke up seeing I'm not of age and the little girl slowly let go of me, but it seemed she didn't want to.

"I could be." I pouted and they were confused, I only said that because they said I couldn't. "Anyway, let's go find your mum."

I held out my hand to her, and she was hesitant but took it.

She was quiet as we walked and I kept my wind magic just around us as I headed to quieter areas. "So what does your mum look like?" I asked her and she pointed at me.

"Exactly like me?" I asked and her head tilted at my speech since my slurring was much more obvious this time. "Then how about your name?"

"Norn Greyrat." She answered.

I froze and then picked her up by her waist scaring her. "Found you! Norn!" I grinned brightly as I held her high up. "I'm your huge sistar, Ceres!"

I rubbed my cheek against hers then when I pulled away she was looking at me in awe. "It's you?" Norn let out.

"Yep!" I exclaimed. "Man, you grew so much, and I wasn't around to see! So unfair!"

I didn't know what to say when the excitement washed away. I was confused as to why she was even here, to begin with, and alone at that. "You are far from home, why are you here?...Did the mana explosion get you to?" I asked her in a panicked tone.