Author's Note

Normally, I do not start my stories off with an author's note. However, this story is the first story I have ever had to label as "mature." Perhaps the "mature" label is not necessary (I have only started the first chapter, as I am writing out this note) but I want to just be on the safe side.

This story contains emotions of sadness and death and figuring out how to move on. Though, this story does not contain any sort of self harm or any of the other darker moments that can happen when grieving. But, at the same time, there will be some twists throughout the story and some foreshadowing to help piece the puzzle together. This genre is not the type of genre I typically deal with; I have only ever written one other story that was categorized in the "Paranormal" genre.

            Whether or not that other story will ever see the light of day again on Wattpad is undetermined. That was one of the first stories I had written on Wattpad during a time where I was in a dark place and needed an escape. If I were to upload that story on here, I would need to go back and do a major edit- middle school me was probably way more creative, but, man, she wrote some cringe worthy stories. Not that my stories don't make me cringe still.

               You know how there are actors out there that refuse to watch their own shows or films because of self judgement?

                Yeah, that is me, but in a writing position. Well, all right, sometimes I do go back through and read my stories from a reader's perspective. However, I sit here cringing, laughing, and harshly critiquing where I can improve and fix all of the errors I find throughout the story.

              Getting back on topic for this story, I hope to have the first chapter out by October time frame. Could be a lot sooner than October, but I do want to make sure I catch as many errors as possible before uploading the first chapter of this story. After that, I hope to find motivation in working on this story and balancing out all of my school work.

Summary:

"I wrote letters for the first few years, but I wasn't sure where to send them to. Did you know that it's hard to send someone a letter without having a final destination printed out on the front of the envelope? If only the security weren't so tight, then I would have gone with you on that plane to make sure you reached your new final destination safely."
If life comes with death, then wouldn't death come with life? What even happens once you reach the airport and hop on the plane that leads to nowhere in particular?
Those are the two main questions Ember James has on her mind. But, in a relatively small town located in the middle of nowhere, finding the answers to her questions is not easy. Death in this town is not uncommon, but the way that the people move on so quickly in the town is a bit strange. And, to make the town and people even stranger, no one seems to notice that the rain only ever comes when a holiday is about to be celebrated.
Could the people in this town really be as oblivious as they come off to be? Or, is there more to be found out about with the town and those that reside within it?

(Summary is subject to change)

Other side notes: This is one of those rare times where I use a photo that I have taken and use that for a cover picture. I had other options to choose from, but the feedback I got from peers was to use this picture. This is also the first time that I felt confident with what I wanted this project to be named. Those closest to me know that I struggle coming up with summaries and titles. Sometimes, I struggle writing chapters- mainly because I start to bore myself to death and get distracted easily. My goal is to not bore anyone to death- including myself.

That is all I will say about this project for now, but I decided to release this "Author's Note" prematurely to give myself motivation to work on this story. One less project sitting in my "drafts", ya know?