Prologue

The computer's screen glowed, showing a replay of the latest battle that took place. Sitting down on his desk, Zomboss huffed in a mix of anger and boredom and resting his head on one of his hands, not paying attention to the screen in front of him anymore.

For a while now, every single attack the zombies performed was never a full success.It was hard for the attacking zombies to last long when they were endlessly being hit with all of the tricks the plant heroes had up their sleeves. It didn't matter what type of zombies attacked. Imps, Gargantuars, galactic zombies, it made no difference. The plants had an answer to everything.

Sure, his zombie heroes also had a lot of answers to a lot of what the plants sent at them, but his problem didn't stop there. It took more time for his zombie army to grow, while plants could quickly fill their numbers by just planting more of themselves. If he wasn't careful, his zombie army could be overwhelmed slowly but surely.

Getting even more agitated, Dr Zomboss unknowingly started spouting angry remarks at his current situation, too angry to even care about what he was saying.

"Damn and blast those lousy, lower organisms! I just wish I could blow them all off the face of the universe, no, this dimension, all at once!"  he shouted at seemingly nobody, before the realisation of what he had said sunk in.

Of course! Why had he never thought of this before?

Glancing to the left of his desk, Zomboss spotted a small device leaning on a globe. It was the device the Interdimensional zombies in his army used: the dimensional hopper. Despite always having been fascinated with this piece of technology and wanting to figure out how it exactly worked, he never had the time for it due to being very busy with other plans to take down the plants. 

Now, though, it seemed like the perfect time to study it.

If he could find out how it worked, he could reverse engineer it and use it to send the plants to some other dimension, turning this dimension into the one where plants don't exist! Or better yet, to make sure they didn't have a chance of being able to come back...

Dr Zomboss's mouth shifted into an evil grin as he reached out to grab the device. 

It was time to take things to the next level...