Jal

You know I was busy with meeting , damn it you are in the same organization how don't you understand it's nuances screamed Sidharth.
Don't you play meeting with me right now, it's 1 am for God sake. One message , one phone call can I not expect from you? Do you want me to wait for you whole night Shehnaaz gritted her teeth in anger.
They were my esteemed clients, I need to be with them .. woman you are becoming impossible day by day, Sidharth banged master bedroom door and went inside fuming.

These scenarios were becoming common everyday at SidNaaz house. Fighting, being aggressive followed with lot more fighting and then tears.. reminiscing the good old days when they were happily married couple. They knew each other from college days, love blossomed and eventually they got married after settling down in their career. Their initial honeymoon period was full of love, romance and lots of small warm moments. They were happy in their cocoon. Gradually as time progressed they stated climbing organization ladder to grow more professionally. Achievements, better remuneration , individual growth became their goal. They started getting less time to spend with each other. Communication decreased and so did intimate moments.  But what reduced drastically was sense of need for each other. Life gives us everything in some or other way but everything has a opportunity cost. They were shining high and bright in their careers and professional circles but their little nest of love was catching rust slowly.

Next day they had office party in the evening. Shehnaaz was upset with the fight happening every other day so she took an extra effort to dress up. She wanted her charm to run over Sidharth again the way he use to glance her sensually before. She wore an elegant yellow evening gown, his favorite color. She was looking ravishing with red lips, lustrous black open hair and red stilettos. Satisfied with herself she came out where Sidharth was already waiting for her wearing Black slim suit looking dashing as ever. Wearing her charming smile she swayed towards him. Sidharth gave a glance, picked up the car keys and fumed, "we are already late to the party by 10 mins, CEO has arrived and you knew I have to be in his inner circle, how can you be so irresponsible?". Shehnaaz hold back her tears and nodded meekly. She knew their promotion were due next month and with recent organizational changes going to happen Sidharth had high chances of being promoted to big position. She followed him quietly to the car holding back her tears. She cannot take one more blame of ruining his party mood. She wished good for him, prayed for his success always but with every step he was taking high towards organizational ladder their home was falling apart. Having dinner together while talking random was replaced with dinner with clients or sales team, cuddling and watching romantic movie was replaced with target and roadmap presentations. She was longing to spend quality time with him where they could talk anything random intertwining their hands like before. Sometime it did use to happen but she could count it on fingertips. Being in relation with Sidharth for longest time she knew his ambitions and dreams so supported him whole heartedly in everything but she was looking for a me time.
The party was successful, Sidharth managed to run his charm on everyone present and left an impressive impact. He was happy and relaxed now. He could sense his ever chirpy wife was sullen. He loved her and always wished to give her the best life. He was sweating himself out to reach a certain position. He sometimes could understand their differences in relation but he knew Shehnaaz will be always with him. She has been with his low and he expected her to be in his high also.
After they returned home Sidharth hugged her from behind surprising Shehnaaz. This one hug melted her anger and she smiled. She turned and they shared a passionate kiss. "I am so happy today Shehnaaz, I guess now I will get that position" beamed Sidharth between their kiss. Réalisation hit her dampening her mood. She detached slowly and walk towards their bedroom to change.
"Are you not happy with my accomplishment"? questioned Sidharth.
"What do you think?" retorted Shehnaaz.
"Nothing , leave it".. Sidharth changed into his night dress and went to sleep facing other side.

Was she wrong in expecting appreciation and attention? Was she always thinking about herself? Atleast he could have said good night hunh!! She thought to herself and went to sleep.

"I want to wake up next to you every morning , share the first morning kiss and wish you Good morning till I die"

Shehnaaz was in memory lanes of their college life when he they use to share love letters. She was remembering those lines while stroking her hand on the empty side of bed where Sidharth slept. He woke up early morning and left to office without waking her up. He had an early meeting. This was not new but this distance Shehnaaz was not able to bear anymore. She started sobbing badly. She needed a break, she wanted to narrow this unspoken chasm, she wanted her carefree , attention giver, partner in crime Sidharth back.
With sullen mood she left for the office. Today a new manager was joining their team. And she being Team leader she had to be there on time.

She was sitting on her chair when their Director entered her cubicle. He was followed by a young smart good looking guy.

"Hi Shehnaaz, meet Shlok your new manager"

Hi Shehnaaz, Shlok gave his hand with effective smile.

Shehnaaz was little taken aback. She was not expecting a manger to be that young and charming. She managed to shake hands and left for washroom to avoid embarrassment.

It was lunch time. She has got lunch for both of them and pinged Sidharth to join her. He had affirmed the same. She was waiting for him for last 15 mins patiently. Suddenly the chair next to her was pulled and Shlok sat down, "Do you mind if I sit with you?"

Shehnaaz couldn't refuse her new boss and smiled.
Shlok opened his lunch bag bemusing Shehnaaz with proper home made food. "Wow, your wife seems really a good cook"

Shlok started laughing, " I know right but this is made by me. I am single, ready to mingle with a beautiful soul"

She was surprised at his martial status. "Don't mind but aren't you too young and I am not judging your age but too young to be..
"Your manager? Shlok completed the sentence.
Well I am IIM pass out, got good placement and ready to leverage my skills and knowledge..

Shehnaaz was again embarrassed and bowed down her head.

Shlok was amused seeing her reaction, "Don't be embarrassed, I understand that look and by the way I am only 5 years younger to you" baffling Shehnaaz. "Nope, I am not stalking you but was going through my team members skills matrix" winked Shlok
Shehnaaz was amused and bewildered at the same time. They had a good time during lunch talking , sharing food unless she realized Sidharth didn't arrived for the lunch and she did not missed him.