Agni

It was lunchtime. Shehnaaz and Shlok entered the elevator to go to the office canteen which was upstairs. Suddenly the elevator was filled with office employees pushing them behind. Shehnaaz was about to fall when she felt Shlok hands holding her waist, "No worries Pyaari Gudiya, you are falling to my arms, I am there".
Before she could comprehend the elevator door opened to the canteen. They moved towards their everyday seat to find Sidharth sitting there.

Hey! He got up and gave side hug to Shehnaaz.

Overcoming her unknown fear she introduced, "Sidharth that's Shlok and Shlok that's Sidharth"
Her husband , added Sidharth.

They shared a firm handshake.

Sidharth: So, Biriyani huh! My wife makes the best Biriyani !!

Shehnaaz: Don't exaggerate, he is a good cook himself.

Shlok: Not as good as you Mam. You know Sidharth I tried her Matar Paneer the other day and it was out of the world.

Sidharth: Matar Paneer? Shehnaaz why you didn't packed for me??

Shehnaaz: You left early and had lunch planned with your boss that day. No worries I will make again for you at home.

Sidharth: Aww Sweetheart, you are the best!!

Shlok uttered , Yep she is.

They had a quiet lunch, the tension on the table could be cut with thick knife.

Shehnaaz was working on her laptop when her Insta Messenger pinged, "Would you love to go on a dinner date tonight with me wifey!"

She was elated, it's been a long time they had carefree meal, forget about romantic lunch or dinner. She replied instantly, "Yes hubby!"

She was getting ready in the evening when Sidharth engulfed her from behind.

You are looking gorgeous darling!!

Shehnaaz smiled, closing her eyes feeling Sidharth after a long time. They both were enjoying the soft moment. He turned her, lifted her chin and their lips touched, and the phone started ringing.

It was from Sidharth's boss.

Sidharth: Yes Sir
****
Yeah okay no problem
****
Off course! No problem
****
Alright! Bye Sir, see you tomorrow!

Shehnaaz: what's up?

Sidharth: The CEO is arriving tonight for tomorrows open house. My manager got stuck last minute at his personal problem so he requested me to pick him up from the airport. I have to start now and he is traveling International flight so it will take time in immigration and customs. I will be late in returning.

What about our dinner reservation?
asked a sad Shehnaaz.

Sidharth cupped her face, "This is important. The CEO will be making announcements tomorrow in the All Hands. This is a good opportunity for me to make personal acquaintance with him. Please understand.

I understand, don't worry you carry on. What about your dinner?

I will have something at the airport and don't worry will make this up to you. Saying bye he left.

She was heartbroken would be an understatement. She was looking forward to this dinner. He didn't even asked what will she have for dinner. She changed into her night dress ,made instant noodles and sat in her patio.
She picked up her phone thinking couple of times and sent , "Hi!!" to Shlok.