CHAPTER II, curiosity kills

CHAPTER II. CURIOSITY KILLS

Shocking to no one, Shoko is a shit teacher. 

She can barely articulate how she summons the Reverse Curse Technique, let alone teach it. So when Illayona became her student, everyone was half-convinced that she was on the path to dropping out. Who becomes Shoko's student? Idiots. Idiots who don't want to learn anything. Idiots who have given up on being a Jujutsu Sorcerer. 

And they were almost right. If Illayona couldn't use the Reverse Curse Technique, she'd probably have packed her bags and be halfway across the world in some dump where Gojo-sensei couldn't reach her anymore. (He'd always be able to reach her, but she calls it wishful thinking.) 

However, as it turns out, Illayona wasn't all out of tricks by the time she'd landed at Shoko's door. 

"Give me your arm," She quietly demands, refusing to make eye contact with the boy. Yuta's propped up on the mortuary table she was resting on minutes ago, arm cradled in his lap and wincing at every movement. Silently, he extends his arm, and he's almost grateful she's not looking at him. If she gave him another one of her glares again, he might break

Illayona brushes her fingertips against the sensitive skin, seeing the clear, uncomfortable lump that sticks out, pushes against the soft tissue, and takes a guess that it's a jagged edge of bone, severed by Maki's cruel smack. 

But that's just a guess. She doesn't want to know. No more gory details. New leaf. (She's totally not overdoing this. Though no one can blame her... Nanami has ten whole dollars riding on her making it to the end of the month without punching someone, and no one wants to see Nanami when he looses a bet to Gojo of all people.) 

She inhales deeply, a tug at the base of her stomach, and as she pulls herself inwards, she pulls in a piece of Yuta too, the tingling sensation reaching across her entire being. It sews itself into her flesh, into her muscles and organs, she feels it piercing her bloodstream, racing up to her heart. Illayona screws her eyes shut, refusing to see out of anyone's eyes but her own (a nauseous feeling builds at the pit of her stomach at the thought of it, but she shrugs it off as a side-effect of Yuta.) 

And in a less than a second, she's pushing it all out, all at once. It hits Yuta like a freight train, a solid smack of energy against himself, and he swears that once he opens his eyes, he'll be halfway across the room. 

But he's not. When Yuta sheepishly opens his eyes, he's still sitting there, one piece again. He dares to glance at his arm, and it's healed. Ugly bump retracted into itself, and he takes a guess that the bruise on his chin is gone too. 

He looks up to Illayona, who quickly averts her gaze, staring disinterestedly at something just behind Yuta's head, and feeling her gaze just an inch off of him makes him shift in his seat.