🐺 t h r e e 🐺

Werewolf training started at eight every morning, which left Nova without a possibility to sleep in. She had tried, and normally, still did, but if she hadn't already woken by herself, every day at seven fifteen, either her mother or one of her brothers would come to wake her up. Tyler, surprisingly, was the only one who would let her sleep in every once in a while. Those were the days when he didn't have training that early, but his girlfriend did, so he would escape to Nova's bed and sleep next to his sister until their mother came in, not amused.

Today was not one of those days. (If she was being honest, she hadn't experienced those days since last year, because her mother had now only made Tyler wake her up on the days he himself couldn't sleep in. Neither of the two was happy at the change.)

Instead of her brother's grumbling presence, someone stroked her hair, and when the girl's eyes fluttered open she saw her mom. At the sight, Nova sighed and tugged the duvet over her head.

The woman chuckled at her reaction and ever so gently pulled the covers down to her chest. "Morning, sweetie."

Nova turned her back to her, burying her face into her pillow. "Morning," she murmured. The room was way too bright for opening her eyes, so the girl closed them again. She was exhausted from the lack of sleep. That, and the fact that she wasn't a morning person left her almost falling back asleep within a second.

"Honey. You need to get up or you'll be late for school."

Nova groaned, the pillow muffling the sound. "I don't wanna go," she said.

"Sorry, hon. Get up and ready."

Her mother yanked the duvet from her, at which the girl huffed. She sat up, hair messy and sticking to her face, and opened her eyes just so that she could glare at her mom.

"Come on." The woman was clearly amused by her actions. Her daughter was seemingly always smiling... if you excluded the mornings, that was. It was funny seeing her in this pouty state every morning. She patted Nova's cheek, and although the girl looked like she'd fall asleep again every minute, Morgan walked toward the exit. She knew she was a good girl and would be responsible enough to get up, even if she did hate going to school.

Nova frowned when her mother closed the door behind herself. She pushed her hair out of her face and, feeling drained, dragged herself to the bathroom. They had been discussing her school situation for years now. She was a human, her mom had told her, which was why she needed to go to a human school and learn human skills. Maybe one day she would decide she didn't want to live with the pack, anymore.

The girl thought all of it was bullshit, and she never used words like that. Sure, she understood she was different from all the werewolves she lived with, but she also felt like an alien surrounded by such a huge crowd of humans. She lived with werewolves and had supernatural speed, which meant she was hiding almost all of herself when attending school.

That's why she had never been able to make any real friends, either. When she grew closer to someone, which wasn't often—people were generally put off by her sunny presence—the pack would remind her not to spoil any elements of their life, which would result in the girl putting up walls all over again.

There was only one thing about school she enjoyed just a little bit—the gym class. However, even there she was expected to hide her true self and fake being way slower and weaker than she really was.

Sighing, the girl stood in front of a mirror. Good thoughts only, Nova, she scolded herself and took a few deep breaths. Just like that, a smile appeared on her face, and before it could disappear, she stepped into the shower and turned the water on. It was going to be a great day.