Chapter 1

Dec 31st, 2022

New York

It was the last day of the year. A new year was about to begin in just about 30 minutes. All the houses were lit up in the street as everyone eagerly waited for midnight. At the corner, there was a house with dark red door that had music so loud it could be heard from outside the house.

The house was cosy and dimly lighted up with a fireplace lit to keep the house warm from the cold weather outside.

The TV was blasting with a band playing music as a young boy sang and danced standing up on the grey-colored sofa with the colorful cushions now lying on the floor.

All I Do Is Think About You
All I Do Is Think About How
Your Leap Of Faith Made Me
Put All My Faith In You

"Aarav... Aaravvv..."

So All I Do Is Think About You
All I Do Is Think About You
All I Do Is Think About How
How Long I Can't Wait

(You by Armaan Malik)

Nandini walked to the living room and frowned seeing the familiar scene in front of her before walking closer, picking up the remote, and switching off the TV. There was a moment of silence before it was disturbed by a loud scream.

"Mummmaaaaa", Aarav whined trying to take the remote from her hand.

"No Aarav, I have been calling you for a while now. You had the volume so loud.", Nandini said looking down at him disappointed and he pouted, crossing his arms as he sat down on the sofa with a huff.

Nandini shakes her head watching him for a while before her eyes soften as she leaned closer to him. Aarav immediately turned his head away and Nandini smiled at his actions.

"Won't you ask why I was calling you?", Nandini asked poking his sides and he huffed loudly, turning his face away but still looked a little curious.

"Your buddy is coming to celebrate the new year with us.", Nandini said and Aarav looked up at her to confirm and she smiled.

"You said he was busy.", Aarav reminded her, and Nandini smiled caressing her son's hair.

"He wanted to spend the new year with you. He will be here in some time. Want to help me set up the dinner?", Nandini asked and Aarav nodded excitedly as he rushed to the dining room.

Nandini smiled at his antics before eyeing the TV with a sad look as she followed her son to the dining room.

Nandini looked up hearing the door open and smiled as she heard his familiar steps walking in.

"Budddyyy", Aarav said jumping on him and Aryaman chuckled before picking him up and walking closer to Nandini.

"Hey. I missed you.", He said wrapping a hand around Nandini and she rolled her eyes.

"You saw me in the morning.", Nandini said pulling apart before walking back to the kitchen.

"Baby", She called out and both of the boys looked up at her.

They shared a look before laughing.

"Nandini sweetheart, I think we decided you would call me Arya to avoid confusion.", Aryaman teased Nandini and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I was calling for Aarav, not you.", Nandini reminded him and he rolled his eyes.

"Also, I have only one baby in my life.", Nandini teased him kissing Aarav's head and Aryaman rolled his eyes.