Chapter 2

New York

It's been a few days since the winter holidays ended and Nandini is back to her daily routine.

She drove to Aarav's school with a sulky Aarav who didn't want to go to school early in the morning.

"Aarav, School's here.", Nandini said parking the car and he sighed loudly picking up his bag and getting out of the car.

Nandini sighed getting out of the car too and moving closer to her son.

"Aarav", Nandini said kneeling down to his height as she brushed his coat and caressed his hair.

"After school, we will go out on a date. You and me. There's a new ice cream corner. Arya told me they have many different flavors. What say? ", Nandini asked and Aarav looked up, forwarding his hands out.

" Promise? ", He asked and Nandini kissed his hand.

" Promise. Now go inside and study properly. Okay? ", Nandini asked and he nodded hugging her.

" I love you. ", Aarav whispered kissing her cheeks and Nandini smiled.

"I love you too. Now run. You will be late.", Nandini said patting his back as he waved at her and ran inside.

She walked back to her car and started driving again.

Her phone rings and she picked it up on the speaker.

"Hey Nandini.", Aryaman said over the phone, and Nandini looked at the time.

"Hii, Aren't you at work right now?", Nandini asked surprised.

"I am but I needed to talk to you.", Aryaman said and Nandini frowned.

"I will be in the office in 10 minutes. We can talk then.", Nandini said as she stopped at a traffic light.

" Okay fine. How was my buddy this morning? ", Aryaman asked curiously and a little amused.

"You know how he is every time he needs to go back to school after a break. I bribed him with ice cream this time.", Nandini said shaking her head and Aryaman chuckled.

"I feel like now he does it knowingly to get the treats.", Aryaman said and Nandini's eyes widen thinking about it.

"Maybe. Yesterday he looked excited talking about some girl in his class and how he can't wait to meet her after the break. Apparently, she is a fan of Fab5 too.", Nandini said with a frown as she connected the dots.

Aryaman started laughing before composing himself.

" He is a kid. Don't be harsh on him later. Meet me in the office cafeteria once you are here. I will get your coffee. ", Aryaman said and Nandini nodded hanging up.

" I wonder if one's behavior is genetic too. He hasn't met him ever but sometimes he behaves so much like him, it amazes me. ", Nandini whispered as she gripped the steering wheel hard as a small memory from the past runs through her brain.

"Nandu, Please let's just bunk. The weather's lovely and everyone is outside sitting on the campus. Mukti wants to jam, everyone looks excited.", Manik said trying to stop her from leaving.

"Manik we had the whole summer break to jam and have fun. I am not bunking classes on the first day of my sophomore year.", Nandini said trying to get away.

"And you will come with me too to attend classes. It's your senior year.", Nandini said narrowing her eyes at him.

He rolled his eyes and looked at her with a frown.

"So you won't bunk.", Manik asked seriously and Nandini nodded.

"You aren't bunking either. Come or else we will be late for classes.", Nandini said trying to pull him but he pulled her back to his chest.