MAP : 6

I continued to stare at him. I knew he looked like Jack, sounded like Jack, but does that mean he has to be Jack? Probably...not.

The same strange voice made static through his ear piece. "Not like that, idiot."

"Ehh." Was the only thing that stumbled out of Jacks mouth.

"Jack?" I asked taking two steps forward toward him.

"Uhh.. err.. yes?" Jack answered not able to keep eye contact with me.

That sent another red flag up that seemed off Jack was excellent at holding eye contact from what little time i met/stared at him.

"So your my partner?" I asked tilting my head. "Why didn't you mention it before?" I could of swore Jack had said that he would be by my side electronically. Through the ear piece is what he meant. I thought.

"I...uhhh didn't, mm think of.. it... pumpkin." Jack said stumbling over almost each word even his pumpkin sounded more strained than an enjoyment.

"Oh my go- your making me look like a retard." The static voice said with a grumble and I knew then that it was a man on the other end. "More, confidence." The man reassured Jack. "Can you at least look the girl in the eyes. I can do that."

Jacks eyes looked straight into mine with a strained expression as if he just couldn't stand it.

"I-its alright if you don't want to-"

Jack cut me off. "W-we got off to.... a.." His eyes surprisingly were able to stay on my face now. "Rocky start. Lets... uhh restart." He cocked a smile his teeth shining in the light dragging my attention to the sparkle they made.

We had already met. Why was he acting like this was our first time? I let it go and sighed with a wrinkled brow. But before I could say anything.

"Jac- I mean, I have the plan, he- *ahem*" He grinned embarrassed that he couldn't get his words to come out right.

I side grinned at him reassuringly I guess saying that it was okay. I felt bad for his sudden lack of being able to talk, without stumbling

"Our echo's will show.... the...the missions." Jack said pulling out his echo hitting some buttons.

"Oh okay." I smiled cheerfully toward him. I walked forward coming up beside him checking to see if I was to close so I wouldn't make it awkward or, more awkward than it was. I looked up at him he side glanced at me then quickly looked back down at the echo.

"Are you alright, Jack?" I asked looking him the face. "I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but." I let out a soft breath through my nose. "You just seem a little off, from the hour or two when, I last saw you." I said those words caustiously not to upset the man but to only find out if something was wrong.

"Everything's.. fine, sweetheart." Jack answered. He continued to tap vigorously on the ehco.

I nodded my head slowly not convinced at all but since I hadn't got a straight answer out of him before why would I now?

"Err.. we got to go to... the Merriffs office" Jack said turning his head toward the front glass wall building in the middle of town.

The name sounded familiar. Where had you heard that stupid name?

"Oh isn't that the guy you told me about earlier?" I asked remembering the scene in my head when I was half listening.

"Uhh, did I?" Jack asked. I tilted my head at him. "I mean! Yeah I did... duh I knew that." He laughed nervously rubbing the back of his neck.