𝟬𝟲 | Repairs And Damages..

CHAPTER SIX:REPAIRS AND DAMAGES

CHAPTER SIX:
REPAIRS AND DAMAGES..

▬▬ ☯︎︎ ▬▬

  THE NEXT MORNING, BILLIE DECIDED TO FULFILL HER PROMISE TO MR. MIYAGI. Her mother, while she was gone on her date with Daniel, had made empanadas the previous night; so Billie had decided to deliver some to Mr. Miyagi's—and just to stop by and say hello, of course.

  She'd had to call ahead to get his address, which kinda ruined the complete surprise (He still wasn't aware of why she might come over.), but she didn't really find herself caring all too much. After all, her attention was on the blustering wind and her gleaming, orange motorcycle at the moment.

  With her signature orange leather jacket thrown hastily over her shoulders, Billie was speeding down the California roads; her usual, wild smirk brighter than ever. Today was abnormally windy, causing her poorly tamed curls to flow behind her in the wind. That was kinda annoying, since she had specifically spent twenty minutes trying to calm them down—but it was whatever. Right now, Billie-Jean Rodriguez was devoid of worry. And she intended to stay that way.

  Well, for as long as she could afford to, at least.

  Anyway, soon Billie found the road Mr. Miyagi had told her about and pulled up to his house; making sure to check the address on the mail box—just in case. To her surprise, in the dirt driveway was four antique cars; all nice enough that she could definitely see them being in some kind of God-awful car show for old men on a Sunday afternoon.

One of them stood out to her, however. It was yellow, with a white top and some nice, black rimmed wheels. All of the cars were shiny, seemingly glowing off of a recent cleaning, but this one was brighter than any of them. Maybe it was Billie's preference for bright-ass colors and nice vehicles, but she found herself drawn to it. Of course, she wasn't going to ask Mr. Miyagi if she could take it off his hands, but that doesn't mean she wasn't going to admire a badass-looking, yellow vintage car.

After parking her bike and taking a good look at Mr. Miyagi's cars, Billie finally decided to actually do what she drove out there to do, and grabbed the container in which the foil-wrapped beef empanadas sat inside. Curiously walking around, Billie found herself stopping to admire Mr. Miyagi's house. It wasn't huge, but it still looked as though it required some money to build. It was cute, in the way that made you think about growing old and having a little garden for yourself to tend to. Billie found herself oddly at peace here. A peace, that in reality, she doesn't know if she'd ever felt before.

Snapping herself out of her stare, she followed the stone path up to the wooden front door. Billie raised a hand and knocked, excitement—for some reason—bubbling within. A very large part of her hoped that today was one of Daniel's training days, and that she'd get to see him again after last night. The euphoria of the night before still had yet to leave Billie. Still, she found herself replaying the night over and over again in her mind. It was sickening. She didn't like how... invested she was in this. Or maybe she did. Honestly, Billie had no clue.