𝘁𝘄𝗼 | comfort and melancholy

OO2. ( CHAPTER TWO )

( y/n is contented and comforted )

SKEPTICALLY, HE RAISED a brow, trying to mask in his inner turmoil as well as he could.

"and what assistance may i be of?" he queried, albeit dreading the answer.

"hm, to meet a certain individual by the name of, 'jhongli'?' he mispronounced. trying to hide his amusement, he spoke up, as though the name had rung a bell.

"ah, mr. zhongli?" he discreetly snickered at the embarrassed expression that befell the ginger's face, eliciting a giggle from the blonde and his companion as well.

"well, his working hours aren't aligning with the time you'd probably want him to meet, sadly." with courteous words and an apologetic expression, he hoped to drive him away, but proved to be fruitless.

"i do not have a problem with waiting, though my mistress may as well disagree," his glassy, blue eyes peered down at him, seeing well through his cover ups. feeling threatened, he caved in.

"well, i suppose i could take you all to him, no worries." he nervously quipped. feeling pleased with his compliance, the corner of childe's eyes crinkled with mirth, though y/n knew very well just how expressive he was being.

"delightful! well then dear traveler, we shall meet mr. zhongli soon after your meeting with the adepti, how convenient is that?"

y/n didn't react.

GRIMACING UPON smelling the natural scent of the funeral parlor, he crashed out on the couch.

feeling the firewood and lavender room scent wafting up his nose, he felt an incoming sneeze—loud and painful— make him physically shake.

glaring at seemingly nothing, he thought of buying a new room freshener, along with buying more chocolates since someone kept stealing them all to herself.

mentally writing in a short to-do list, he relaxed on to the cushions, submitting himself to a small nap.

GREETED WITH a rather amusing sight, the corner of hu tao's lips quirked up at the sight of her brother haphazardly hanging off the couch.

wiping away the thin trail of drool leaking out his mouth, she shifted y/n's legs to lay on her lap, and placed a cushion behind her back.

getting herself a bit more comfortable, she swiftly grabbed a novel zhongli had earlier bought and settled down.

the two siblings laid in the tranquility the silence brought them, each busy in their own activity. the smell of lavender gently wafted through the air, comforting the duo even more.

everything seemed alright, just for that moment.

'COME ON SLOANE, hurry up now!' an excited murmur cut through the comfortable silence.

'calm yourself milan, i'm coming!' huffed another feminine voice. in a cacophony of laughter and giggles, two lithe figures marched up a small hill overlooking an emerald meadow, dotted with specks of different colored flowers.

one of them had beautiful (h/c) hair with striking (e/c) eyes, whilst the other's flaming red hair reached her mid-back. clasping their hands in a firm hold, they smiled, reveling in each other's company.

peering into the taller (h/c) haired  female's eyes, her own amber ones scrunched up in glee, displaying with her pearly white teeth.

the other woman smiled exasperatedly at the smaller woman's charms, knocking her forehead with hers.

'say, once we get out of this place, what do you want to do?'

'hm, m'not sure, maybe settle in liyue, with you.' she cheekily grinned at her partner.

'oh, you flirt. i'd rather complete my study in the akademiya, my parents are so restrictive.' the redhead's brief happiness contorts into a frown, her eyebrows scrunching up in worry.

'they're still that bad, love?' the (h/c) nodded.

'unfortunately,' her smile dimmed.

'we'll make it past, we'll grow up, and our little prince will have a life better than ours.'

a melancholic smile danced on their lips.

𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗘,
© 𝗢𝗥𝗫𝗛𝗘𝗨𝗦, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮