𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 | xingqiu and friends

OO4. ( CHAPTER FOUR )

( y/n makes a friend )

GLARING AT THE small trickle of blood that had broken through the numerous layers of his skin, y/n roughly wiped it away with a napkin, throwing the waste to the dustbin below.

writing yet another condolence letter, y/n added it to the growing pile next to him. so many deaths in a single day. he shook his head. he's been slacking.

remembering an important issue, his nimble hands quickly grabbed another sheet of paper and scribbled a short note.

mr. zhongli,

you are to meet an individual going by the name childe, he's informed me of you all being acquaintances, i'm assuming. not sure. but a meeting with him is likely due, watch out.

—y/n

signing it, he chose to take a break. adding on the remaining letters to his 'complete later' pile, he walked out the door.

WALKING AROUND AIMLESSLY, y/n made a note of the number of stalls he'd want to visit with hu tao later on.

"y/n!" a grating voice pierced into his ears, giving his eardrums an unpleasant vibration as it identified the owner.

'archons help me' a hand clapped down on his shoulder, making him jerk forward. the grip pulled him back, trying to steady his off put balance.

"careful there, you almost fell." xingqiu put it out as though he'd almost missed it.

"i didn't realize" he snorted.

brushing off the hand from his shoulder, he pivoted on his heel, meeting two equally cheerful faces.

"i have another friend!" y/n huffed.

"poor boy" he sympathized. ignoring the agitated 'hey', he glanced at the new person.

startling blue eyes bore into his when he met their gaze. taken aback, he averted eye-contact and meekly hyper-focused onto the cryo vision he possessed.

a gloved hand disrupted his line of vision, making him peer at the pretty stranger in nervousness.

"chongyun" he smiled. taking his hand in his own, y/n watched his sweaty hand mildly shake under the cooler grip.

"y/n" his voice cracked. great going, he mentally cheered.

xingqiu gaped at his awkward stance, instantly flitting to see if chongyun had something special in his possession.

he snickered, earning a weak glare from his other friend.

"where are you from, y/n?" releasing his hold, chongyun straightened his posture, eyeing the fumbling y/n did with a little concern.

"uh," he froze. thinking hard on how to approach the topic of where he was from, y/n quickly covered it up with a somewhat convincing story.

"uhm, i, i work at the wangsheng parlor?" he winced at how he'd sounded. glancing at chongyun in embarrassment, he somewhat stopped panicking after receiving an encouraging nod.

"alright then, good. i'm an exorcist, it's kind of funny on how our occupations are a stark contrast." he visibly lightened the mood. feeling his awkwardness wash away, y/n's mouth quirked up into a tight-lipped smile.

"yeah, now that you've acquainted well enough, how about we meet xiangling?" xingqiu interrupted.

"who?"

"xiangling. remember the chicken skewers you liked? she made it." he stated in a 'matter-of-fact' manner.

he made a noise of recognition. falling behind, he let the duo go ahead and paid attention to what they talked about, occasionally butting in with his own quips and responses.

NOTE- lmao this chapter is as short as me and shark

𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗘,
© 𝗢𝗥𝗫𝗛𝗘𝗨𝗦, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮