Timeskip 4

Giana sat down in the hotel lobby with her suitcase. She looked around nervously and checked the time. Ok, enough is enough. She took out her phone to call Reina, again. She didn't want to interrupt whatever her friend had been doing since yesterday evening, but it was almost checkout time, and their train was leaving the station in half an hour.

"Giana, hello."

"Where are you?!"

"I... I'm in the room. I just got here, like 10 minutes ago."

"Must have missed you. Anyway, are you coming down? We need to check out the room. And hurry to the station. Unless you're not..."

"What? Right... I'll be there in a sec. I just need to..."

A series of noises indicated that Reina was throwing her things into the suitcase in a rush. Giana thought it would be best not to fight for her attention, lest she would forget something.

"Well, hurry up. I've ordered a taxi already," she said and disconnected.

Reina appeared in the lobby a few minutes later. In the short time that she was in the room, she not only packed but also took a shower and changed her clothes. Her slightly wet hair was tied in a knot, and it looked like she had dressed in whatever.

"I'm here," she said with labored breath, burdened with her luggage, "let's go."

Afterward, they focused on getting to the station and finding their platform. Giana patiently waited till they were securely seated in the train with the last views of Rome flashing outside the window to look meaningfully at her friend and say, " So..."

"What?" Reina immediately got slightly red, and her eyes ran away somewhere.

"You didn't go back to the hotel last night. Normally, I would be worried and start searching for you as soon as I'd realize that you're not in the room, but... It was him, right? That volleyball player of yours, Tobio Kageyama."

"Did... did I tell you his name?"

"No, but you did say 5 service aces against France."

"Oh, right. I guess it's pretty telling."

"I read he transferred to the Italian league. Apparently, Ali Roma was pleased to snatch him."

"It seems so."

"And you saw him for the first time in three years yesterday."

"Yes."

Giana was getting excited. She, herself, was enjoying being single and independent recently and wasn't ready to get tangled up with someone. But she didn't mind experiencing some dramatic romance vicariously through her friend ."And you ended up spending the night with him..."

Reina looked at her silently, adorable blush on her cheeks. Since last night she had lost somewhere her usual nonchalant demeanor. Then she started to rummage through her bag. She took out a sandwich she had bought at the station. "I'm starving. I skipped breakfast. Do you mind if I eat?"

Giana was generous enough to pause interrogating as Reina dug into her food with an unusual appetite. The train ride would be long enough to satisfy her curiosity anyway. But she couldn't ignore a sudden revelation that hit her eyes when her friend rose the sandwich to her lips. "Reina, what do you have on your finger?!"

"Oh, that... I forgot." Reina looked at a shiny ring on her hand, quite surprised herself.

"Are you... getting married?!"

"Shush! Not so loud." Reina looked around nervously for no reason. Well, some of their fellow students were at the other end of the car, but they were dead asleep after last night's party. "And no! Yes? I don't know..."