Timeskip 5

Monday 15:46

Tobio: Did you get home ok?

Reina: Yes, like half an hour ago.

Tobio: Can I call you?

17:12

Tobio: ?

Reina: Sure. But in 15 minutes. I need to finish something.

Tuesday 20:14

Tobio: How was your day?

Reina: Ok. Yours?

Tobio: Good, I'm getting used to the team. I'd tell you more. Can I call you now?

Reina: Sorry. Busy. Call you later.

Tobio: We're playing a home game this Saturday. Can you come this weekend? Should I get you a ticket?

21:26

Tobio: I'll get one anyway.

Wednesday 9:31

Reina: I don't know if I'll come. I have a team project due Monday. And we decided to redo it all yesterday.

Tobio: You didn't call last night.

Reina: It was late when I finished, and I figured you were asleep.

Tobio: Don't you want to come?

12:30

Tobio: I know you want to come.

18:27

Tobio: I want you to come.

21:05

Reina: Maybe I'll manage to come but on Saturday the soonest.

Yesterday 18:08

Tobio: What are you doing?

Reina: If you want me to come, don't distract me now.

8i8

It was Friday evening. Tobio was ready for sleep, but he got hungry, so he decided to snack on some dates and watch, once more, video materials of the team he was playing against tomorrow. He was stretching on the couch while doing that when he heard the sound of a key turning in the front door.

There was only one other person that had his house keys. He shoved them in her hand when she was leaving the first time she was here. His home was her home—he wanted her to know that. And there was nothing that ground-breaking about it. Back in Japan, he had keys to her apartment as well and used them freely.

But he didn't expect her to come till tomorrow. He jumped over the couch and locked Reina in his arms as soon as she stepped over the threshold.

"You came." He said, savoring the moment. He backed away a bit to look at her. "A day early."

"Yeah, I packed just in case, hoping I'll finish the work today." There was something tense about her, and she wouldn't look him in the eye. "And we almost finished, but it was time for the last train, and my friends told me to just go. I thought I'll do my part on the way here, but the Internet was a bitch; it kept crashing. I couldn't upload it to the server. Please tell me that you have a decent connection here. I have people waiting for this."