Boarding school (Prologue)

Henrietta's POV:I watched my family come in through the front door. I'm out of excuses to leave since I'm done with packing my things for a boarding school I didn't even wanna go to. I searched the front door with my eyes and saw my grandma come, not surprised she brought something, I was her first and only grandkid so she spoiled me every once in a while and maybe to cheer me up about the fact my dad is in jail. I looked closer and saw on the box it said, Whistling Zoie'. 13 and she's buying me toys, I began to sit up straight seeing she was coming to sit with me to show me what she got me. "Hello, Henrietta! You're off to your new boarding school Wednesday. I thought I'd get you something to enjoy before going"My grandma smiled and set the box down. I looked inside and saw it was a wooden doll with a stand and a CD to slip into the stand probably to make her whistle something.

My aunt handed me some scissors to open the box, I could tell she had something to with the gift. I took the scissors and cut the box open to get my wooden doll out. "I had one when I was little and she was a dear, so I thought it would be nice to pass that same joy onto you"My grandma said as I was trying to figure out how to set her up. As I was reading the instructions my mom came behind me, "What do you say?"My mom noticed I hadn't said anything "Thank you". "You're welcome"My grandma smiled.

After an hour of my family members asking me a million questions, them wanting to take photos and them laughing at the jokes my mom made about me growing up and finding a husband, that will never come, my family went home and I could go to my room. I grabbed Zoie from the table I left her and walked up the stairs to my room with her. I rolled my eyes seeing my Octiflame uniform for middle schoolers hung up in my closet. I don't want to have to be in school all day 5 times a day, mom says it's a good choice since my friends are going there but I don't see interest in the school.

I put Zoie on my nightstand, popped the CD in her stand and let her whistle. I heard mom talk about how excited she was to see me go to the boarding school and like she and my grandma did. Or does she just want me to go? I glared at the school uniform and laid face first in my bed for the rest of the night dreading the day the bus came to take me to the boarding school. I fucking want my dad back, my step dad is alright but my dad left when I was 4 and I'm starting to think she wants me to be married off so I can get rid of the Sle surname after my dad brought it to shame by killing those people...Jokes on her, the Sle bloodline ends with me.