2

Reki POV
As soon as I came home, I fell face-first on my bed and buried my face in my pillow. It was so hard to act normal around Langa, especially if you had a dream about kissing your best friend the night before. But it was kinda nice that he seemed to like the little song in my head. But I still didn't know how to tell him it's origin, even though I know I had to eventually.
'Reki! Come help me with my homework!'
I groaned. 'Coming, Koyomi.'

Around 11 PM, I went skating to Langa's. He opened the door and we did our handshake, starting to skate to S after.

'He was just lucky!'
'Sure, Shadow. How many times have you lost from Langa now?'
Langa had, obviously, won from Shadow. Miya and I were roasting him, while Langa was checking his board for cracks. He made some sick tricks in the race. Cherry and Joe were bickering as usual, oblivious to anything happening around them.

The next day after school, I went to a building in the center of the city. I knocked on the door.
'Come in.'
I opened the door and looked around. No one else was there except for me and Cherry.
'Hey, Cherry.'
'Reki? What are you doing here?'
I walked up to him and sat down on the floor.
'I need some advice.'
He sat down opposite me. 'Go on.'
I sighed. 'I have always liked girls, but... I think I like Langa.'
I whispered the last part, but his eyes widened.
'Okay, well, then that would mean you're bisexual, just like the gorilla. You should try to figure out if Langa likes men, and if yes, you can try and make a move on him. If no, get over him and move on.'
I nodded and stood up. 'Thanks, Cherry.'
Ugh, I need some peace and quiet to think... Oh, I know a place.

Langa POV
Reki wasn't at the skate park. Did he forget we were supposed to meet up? I waited for half an hour, then I went to his house, knocking on the door.
His mother opened. 'Oh, hello, Langa dear.'
I smiled at the usual cheerfulness. 'Hi Mrs Kyan.'
'Oh, please dear, call me Masae. I assume you're here for Reki?'
I nodded.
'Sorry to disappoint you, dear, but he isn't here.'
'He's not? Then do you know where I could find him, Mrs K- Masae?'
She thought for a moment. 'He's either at a place he refers to as the skate park, but I have no idea where that is, or he's at the graveyard.'

'Alright, thanks Masae.'
'Anytime, dear.'
She closed the door as I went off. Reki definitely wasn't at the skate park. But what would he have to do at the graveyard? I skated towards said place, making a few ollies on the way. I opened the huge steel gate and closed it behind me. I looked around, searching for familiar red hair. Then I saw it at a sakura tree. I walked closer, nearly called out, but then I saw he was asleep. He sat on the ground, head resting against the tree trunk, next to the only grave close to the tree. I looked at the headstone.

Kenji Hiroto
Skating through life and heaven

A single white rose laid on the grave. I looked back at Reki, gently shaking him awake. He blinked, yawned, blinked again and smiled at me.
'Hey Langa. Sorry, must've fallen asleep. Thanks for waking me though.'
'No problem. Let's go?'
He nodded and stood up, stretching his arms above his head. He looked at the grave and straightened the rose.
'See you later, Hiro,' he whispered.
'You knew him?'
'Yeah... You remember the song in my head? That was his favourite song.'
Oh. The lyrics made a lot more sense now. Killed. Wonder what happened to that guy.

'Hey Langa, wanna sleep over at my place? Like we used to before we had that fight?'
'Sure, let me just text my mom.'
I got out my phone and texted her. It was a good idea. Reki and I hadn't had a sleepover in ages.
'Alright, let's go.'

We had a cheerful evening with his family, who were as energetic as ever. Reki had just prepared the futon for me, right next to his bed. He was in the bathroom taking a shower. I looked around his room a bit, just now noticing a picture pinned on the wall beside his bed. It was a picture of Reki and a boy standing next to each other. The boy had chestnut hair which fell over his eyes and he was holding a skateboard with one hand. His other arm was thrown around Reki's shoulder. Reki was clutching a skateboard to his chest with both hands and smiling as I had never seen him smile. An idea popped in my mind. What if the boy on the picture was the Hiroto dude from the graveyard? Reki came back and we went to bed.