4

Langa POV
'Hi dear. Reki's in his room.'
'Thanks, Masae.'
I walked up to his room. I had gotten bored hanging around at home, since it was way too hot to skate, and decided I could go see Reki. The door of his room was open. A guy with black hair was rummaging through one of Reki's drawers.
I stood awkwardly in the doorway. 'Uh- Hi?'
The guy turned around. 'Oh, hey, Langa.'
'Are you Reki's brother or something?'
He looked confused. 'Huh?'
'I've never seen you before, yet you know my name.'
He started laughing. 'Langa, it's me. I'm Reki.'
Now I realized.
'Oh wow, I didn't even recognise you.'

'I noticed. Now where is it..?'
The last part was a mutter, as Reki turned around and continued searching.
'Where's what?'
'I'm looking for my stupid- Ah!' he exclaimed, holding up a bottle and turning back to me, 'You can plop down wherever, I'll be in the bathroom for about forty minutes.'
He left and came back exactly forty minutes later. He had red hair again.
'Red isn't your original hair color, then?'
He shook his head. 'It's originally black, but I always dye it red so that I look more like my mother and sisters instead of like my father.'
'Your father..? Now I think about it, I haven't met him. But why don't you wanna look like him? What if you suddenly lose him.. then you won't even look like his son.'

'I really wouldn't mind him dying,' he muttered, then saying in his normal voice, 'We can go see him if you want.'
'Sure,' I answered, ignoring the fact that he wanted his father to die.
We skated along, him leading us. I had no idea where we were going, until he stopped at the local jail. He headed in, me following behind.
Reki turned to a security guard. 'We're here to see Mr Kyan.'
'Room three.'
We walked along a hallway, through a door with the number three on it. We sat down on chairs on our side of the glass barrier. The door on the other side opened and two security guards walked in, keeping an eye on the man following them. He had black hair, amber eyes and was wearing handcuffs.

'Reki, my son, finally came to see me?'
'Do not call me your son. And I'm only here because Langa wanted to see you, you bastard.'
The man looked at Reki's face and frowned at seeing Reki's headband.
'Why are you not showing the little gift I gave you?'
'Gift?' I asked, interfering.
Reki pulled off his headband and pushed his hair aside. Now I was able to see a scar just above his eyebrow. He let go of his hair and it fell back in place, covering the scar perfectly. Soon after that, we left.
'So... Your father abused you?'
'Yup...' he wiped his forehead, 'Why is it so hot? Are you hot? Of course you're hot... I-I MEAN-'
His face turned bright red and I chuckled.
'You're right, it's hot outside.'
'You wanna go swimming then?' he asked, recovered from his little tomato-being, 'The water will be nice and cool.. we'll have the whole place to ourselves... Don't worry, the water reaches to my rib cage when I'm standing upright, and you're taller than me.'
'Sure, let's go swiming then.'

After we had gotten ready, I thought we would go to a beach or something I had not yet discovered. Instead, Reki walked into the woods behind his house. After we'd walked through the trees for some time, we stood in front of a little lake. There were rocks all around it, a few flat so you could sit on them, and a little waterfall.
'I didn't know this was behind your house.'
'Yeah, me and Hiro were the only ones knowing. It was our secret place. I found it one day when I was hiding from my father.'
With that, he jumped in the water, splashing some over me.
'Reki!'

He giggled and I jumped in beside him. He had been right, the water really was nice and cool, and no one could see us through the trees. It was like we were the only ones excisting. After quite a while we both laid next to each other on one of the flat rocks, sharing stories about what happened while we weren't talking for a week.
'Reki, your turn to tell me something.'
'Hmm... Oh! Did I tell you when I woke up in a love hotel with a random guy?'
I spit out the sip of water I had just taken. 'What?!'
'Yeah, after he hit me with his car.'
I snapped my head towards him. 'What?!'
'Then he offered me hush money so I wouldn't sue him for the accident.'
'What the actual fuck?! Are you okay?'
He giggled. ''M fine. He was just really weird.'

Days later, the weather had finally cooled down. We could finally skate again. But due to days of hot weather, I was very short-tempered. So when Reki and I were skating at the skatepark, and he tripped, I snapped. I don't know why I got annoyed, it just happened.
'What were you doing?!'
Reki got up. 'Huh..?'
'Why did you fall like that?! Are you that bad at skating?! No wonder you couldn't save that Hiroto guy...'
Only now I looked at Reki. His eyes were wide and he looked absolutely horrified. He picked up his board.
'Now, that,' he said, turning around and walking away, 'was a lot of damage.'
My eyes widened. 'Reki my love...'
He didn't turn back.

That evening, I knocked on Reki's front door, wanting to apologise. Masae opened the door.
'Yes- Oh. Reki's in his room.'
She didn't ask for explanation of why I showed up this late, so Reki must've told her what happened. The door of his room was open. He stood in front of the window, staring outside.
'Reki?'
'Hey...'
His voice was hoarse, and as he turned around, I could see the way his eyes were red-rimmed. He had obviously been crying.
'I'm sorry. I was really short-tempered, and said things I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry.'
He walked up to me and placed his arms around my shoulders, nuzzling his face in my neck.
'It's fine... Besides, we would stay together for infinity, remember?'
'I remember. And I'm more than ready for this infinity with you,' I answered hugging him back.

~Fin~