3

Langa POV
I couldn't sleep. I turned around and looked at Reki. He was staring at the ceiling, a slight frown on his face.
'What's on your mind?' I asked.
'Just wondering... What makes people so afraid of two men, or two women, being together? All the things we could fear in this world.. and we choose love.'
My eyes widened. I had no idea he thought about stuff like that.
'Hey, Langa?'
'Yeah?'
'Are you homophobic?'
What the hell? Where was this going?
'No.'
'Good,' Reki said, turning around so he was facing the wall, ''Cause I'm bisexual.'

Reki POV
Oh crap. I really just blurted that out.
'I'm gay...'
Oh my. I actually had a chance with him.
'Good for you.'
Both of us were silent after that. The only sound heard was the rain tapping my window. Then there was a clap of thunder and a streak of lightning. Langa whimpered. I turned around to look at him.
'You good?'
'No. I'm terrified of storms after what happened to my dad.'
Another clap of thunder came and Langa flinched. I lifted my blanket.
'C'mere.'
He slipped in and curled up, shaking all over. I hugged him and he relaxed as he hugged back. After a few minutes, he had calmed down and we had both gotten comfortable, but we were now more cuddling than hugging. Not that I mind.

I woke up first the next morning. Langa and I were still cuddled up. I just now realized how pretty he was when he was all relaxed. I gently shook him.
'Langa, wake up.'
'Hmm...'
I rolled my eyes and sat up. He immediately pushed me back down.
'Hmnoo.. not yet...'
I giggled. 'Langa, come on. We have school.'
'Hm... Don't care...'
I giggled again as he snuggled up even closer. My heart totally wasn't beating fast.
'Hmm... I love you...'
I froze. 'What..?'
He seemed to realize what he said and his eyes flew wide open.

Langa POV
Oh shit. Reki slowly turned crimson, and I knew I was also blushing. He stared at me, still shocked.
'Did- Did you mean it..?'
He was now looking more nervous than shocked. I couldn't bring myself to talk, so I just nodded.
He smiled. 'I love you too.'

Few days later, we both knew we were dating, even though none of us had officially asked the other out. We both had already introduced the other as our boyfriend to our family's and they were fine with it. I was currently at the graveyard, telling my dad about Reki. I realized I was tearing up ever so slightly and felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head, only to see Reki standing behind me. He took a step forward and rested his head against my shoulder.
I wrapped an arm around him. 'What're you doing here, my love?'
'I was going to visit someone, and then I saw you standing here.'
'Well, I'm pretty much done here, so wanna go to your person?'
He nodded and led me to the sakura tree. He kneeled down in front of Hiroto's grave.

Should've known. He placed his single white rose on the grave as I sat down beside him.
'Hey, Hiro. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Guess what? I got a boyfriend!'
I smiled at how enthusiastic he was.
'I wish I could tell you all about it...'
I saw the tears in his eyes and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer. He leaned his head on my shoulder.
'Will you tell me what happened to him?' I asked.
He nodded and we moved over, so that we were now leaning against the tree trunk.

'His name was Kenji Hiroto, I always called him Hiro. We met when I was thirteen, he was fourteen. He helped me with a lot of stuff. He was also the one who got me into skateboarding and introduced me to S. One day, when we were skating together, he tried to pull a trick. I told him he could do it. He jumped, slipped, and fell. I was just standing there, unable to do anything. I was fifteen. When he hit the ground.. I could hear his neck breaking.. and I had to stand there, watching as he stared up at me with dead eyes. I always thought that, if I hadn't encouraged him, would he still be alive..?'
Oh God. He was blaming himself for his friends death.
'Is he the boy in the picture in your room?'
He nodded. We just sat there for a few minutes, until he broke the silence.
'Hiro loved sakura's and white roses. He used to braid the roses into the sakura branches. So when he died, I planted this tree.'
'I think he's happy with his favourite flowers.'
He smiled. 'Yeah, I think you're right.'