28.

this took—a while. :)
boring n bleh. not proofread.

"let me get this straight," pursing his lips chenle blinked slowly, face mirroring that of confusion "jaehyun texted you...asking to talk..after he distanced himself from you?"

"yeah." dusting his coat off felix stepped a little closer to the shelf, intrigued eyes reading the spine of a book that looked rather cute. hm..

"and what did you say?" crossing his arms over his chest chenle stared at his friend closely, like he didn't trust felix to respond to jaehyuns request in a smart way(he didn't).

"..."

"well?"

grabbing the book carefully felix shrugged his shoulders, face as nonchalant as he could make it "i didn't respond."

staring at felix for what the freckle faced boy deemed as too long chenle broke out into a screechy laugh.

"hey shh," quickly swatting his friend felix frowned "it's not funny and we're at a library dumbass."

"i-i'm sorry but—" unable to contain his laughter chenle bent down in a strange almost squatting position, a hand gripping the shelving for support. felix peering down at him with an unimpressed look "i'm not doing this with you today."

"hey don't," trying to collect himself chenle inhaled before attempting to speak again, a giggle bubbling in the back of his throat at the look on his friends face "i-i just mean—you're cute. i would've thought you'd reply to him—being so kind and all."

"i didn't know what to say." felix grumbled holding the book closer to his chest. jaehyun texting him out of the blue was nothing short of surprising and admittedly he panicked.

"fair i guess. i would've told him to eat my ass and not in the fun way." chenle uttered finally standing straight once he gathered his composure, his face carrying a bit of pinkness to it.

"yeah well you're also mean."

"i am not. here i'll text him for you." chenle uttered holding his hand out towards felix, fingers wiggling with expectation.

"nope. i know how this goes." felix mumbled denying his friends request immediately. he had some experience with chenle 'helping' him respond to texts he was stumped over—and having his friend telling people to choke and die on their own spit wasn't good for either him or them. he's like an untrained kitten—smelly and mean.

"what? i won't say anything bad! i'm mature." chenle promised with a smile. felix squinting before shaking his head "nope. and i don't want to talk about jaehyun right now. we're supposed to be hanging out." felix pointed out blankly.

huffing chenle dropped his hand, a look of defeat on his face now "whatever i guess."

"great! what'd you do yesterday?" switching the topic smoothly felix beamed, genuineness smothering his question. he hadn't spoken to his friend all day yesterday (namely because he figured the boy needed space due to his hangover) and had definitely missed him(only a little though).

tapping his chin the chinese male started naming off random things as he remembered them, "sleep..yell at haechan for singing loudly..eat ramen with jeno and sleep some more.."

laughing a little felix chose not to comment on the cute blush that overtook chenles face at the mention of jeno "nice."

"mhm. what did you do?" chenle asked following felix over to a small table near the library exit, the australian male pulling a plastic chair out and placing the book he had flat on the tabletop. why chenle had decided a library would be a perfect place to catch up felix wasn't all to sure.