Chapter 5 | Backstage

After the car launch, you were still shocked that you saw WEEEKLY in the flesh and right in front of your eyes. You basically had a free front row seat to a WEEEKLY concert. Never in a million years you would have thought that you could be this close to your favourite girl group. Once everything was wrapped up you went back to your room to change back to normal clothes. The VIPs started to leave the venue as the show wrapped itself up. It was really a good day for you, but you wanted to make it even better. You wanted to meet the girls in real life, so you decided to ask your PR manager to try your luck.

"Hey Soph, do you think I could meet the girls by any chance?" you asked Sophie Ogg, the head of communications of the team.

"Ummm, I'm not sure about that. I'll try and ask permission for you" Sophie replied.

"Thanks, I'm just a very big fan of them haha" you said a little bit embarrassed.

"Yeah no worries, follow me I'll ask their manager for you" Sophie said as you got up and followed her to the backstage room where the girls were probably chilling.

The closer you approached their break room, the more nervous you got. This was the feeling of being starstruck. Despite yourself being a star and meeting a lot of Formula 1 drivers already, you felt like this was different. You felt more nervous than when that time you were five years old and met Michael Schumacher. You had no idea why you got this feeling, but however nervous you were feeling at that moment, you were also excited about at the opportunity of meeting WEEEKLY in real life. You were just praying that they would be nice to you and be friendly towards you.

Approaching the room with the sign that says "Backstage" you knew you were getting closer to the girls. Your heart was beating so fast right now and you don't know what to do. What if they don't like you, what if the manager says no, what if the manager says yes and you don't know what to say to the girls. Many thoughts were through your heard right now, making you a mess and very nervous. You made sure your clothes are nice and your hair is done nicely as Sophie knocked on the door.

Knock Knock

Some girl opened the door and greeted Sophie.

"Oh hello Sophie, how can I help?" the girl who opened the door said.

"Hey Suji, one of the drivers said he wanted to meet the girls is that alright?" Sophie asked the girl who you just found out was named Suji.

"Sure, the girls are just waiting for the crew to pack everything before heading out" Suji replied as she opened the door fully.

Then you were greeted to Suji, who you still have no idea who she was but she seems like a nice person as she let you into the room.

"Hi, you're Y/N right? I'm Suji. Manager of WEEEKLY. Every little things that the girls need help with I just do it for them. I'm like their personal assistant haha. Nice to meet you by the way" Suji greeted you.

"Hi, nice to meet you too. I'm Y/N, Formula 1 driver of McLaren Racing" you said a bit too formal because you were too nervous to say anything.

"Come in, the girls are just in the waiting area doing their own stuff" Suji said as she let you into the room.

"I'll leave you to it, just make sure we get Y/N back in one piece haha" Sophie said as she laughed it off and left.

Suji then guided you into the room and lead you closer and closer to the girls. You went through a hallway of what you think was make up desks and Suji opened another door with the sign "Waiting Area" on it. This was where the girls were.

"Hey girls, we have a special guest who wants to meet you" Suji said as she opened the door and the girls all looked at you.

Instantly, your body went stiff. You weren't used to this, 6 girls looking at you. You felt uncomfortably nervous and didn't know what to say. The room was filled with awkward silence for a little bit until Suji decided to take over for you.

"Anyways, this is Y/N. The driver from the show earlier" Suji said.

"Yea, I'm Y/N. Formula 1 driver for McLaren Racing" you said nervously, body still stiff and not know how to react that your favourite girl group was right there in front of you.

"Annyeonghaseyo WEEEKLY imnida" the girls greeted you with their signature greeting.

"Anyways, I'm just here to say thank you very much for coming. Hope you have a good trip in England and enjoyed McLaren Technology Centre. I'll hopefully see you at the races if I'm lucky" you said trying to find conversation.

"Yeah we enjoyed it thank you very much" Ji Hyo said.

"Hey, you're the guy who danced to our song and gone viral" Hyewon shouted at you cheerfully. Typical maknae behaviour.

"Haha, yeah I am. I'm surprised you caught that bit, it wasn't really good though so nobody seemed to notice it" you said a little bit embarrassed.

"It wasn't good at all" you heard Jimin whispered to herself scrolling her phone thinking you can't hear what she said.

"Ignore Monday unnie, I think it was great and you deserve the spotlight you got in all the news" Jaehee came forward and said to you with a big smile on her face.

This smile, it definitely melted your heart. You didn't know how to respond, you were too star struck and embarrassed to respond. Your ultimate bias Lee Jaehee was standing right in front of you, you were blushing at this time but luckily none of the girls found out.

"Anyways, I just thought I'd pop by to say hi and say well done on the show and thanks for coming" you said as you were prepared to leave.

"No stay, we wanted to know you a little bit more" Hyewon said as she grabbed your hand and dragged you into the centre of the room.

"Yeah, you seem like an interesting person" Jaehee said.

"We're bored anyways. It's nice to have company" Soojin added

You seriously didn't know what to do at this moment. The girls said that they wanted to know you more and chat with you. Albeit they were bored and just wanted some company and you were the only one there who seemed to have other things to talk about than just the schedules of their next show or what did they do wrong on stage. You were seriously hitting the jackpot right now in terms of luck. First a Formula 1 seat and now being invited to have a conversation with WEEEKLY, your favourite girl group. 

You just prayed that you could find something interesting to talk about and not ruin this chance because this is really a once in a life time opportunity.