Chapter 2

BEEP BEEP!

I groaned, burrowing my head in the pillow as to drown out the world, but the annoying noise was persistent in its goal of interrupting my slumber.

BEEP BEEP!

It's too early for this. Groaning and grumbling some more, I lifted my hand and sleepily slammed it into the STOP button on my phone. Cracking an eyelid open, I checked the time.

7:00. I could sleep in a little more right? It only took 30 minutes to get ready anyway. But oh, my sister had different plans, hence why she walked in smashing pots and pans together and just generally causing a ruckus.

"Cease and desist!" I yelled at her, as she screamed,

"WAKEY WAKEY CHARLIEE, C'MON GET UP LAZY!" Jesus christ, was that kid on drugs!? Oh, no, according to the white powder on her lips, I had to assume she was on a sugar high. Great. 

"Lia! Chill! Go sit down, I'm up!" I yelled over her noisy clanging. I glared at her and pouted ,sad that I had missed out on some precious sleeping time, and rolled off the bed onto the cool floor. Standing, I followed her out of the room, stumbling as I attempted to blink the sleep out of my eyes. Lia, being her morning person self, was bright and up, bouncing around while she worked on her sugar high. Walking into the kitchen, I went and kissed mum. She had bags under her eyes, messy hair and a vacant look in her eyes but at least it appeared she had gone through last night without drinking. That was good.

"M'kay whats the breakfast orders?" I asked, slipping in the fridge to grab milk and some cereal that I knew mum liked, and pouring it in a bowl. She looked at me thankfully, and muttered a croaky 'thanks baby.' 

I smiled, as Lia ordered pancakes and I gave her toast, sticking my tongue out.

"So, whatcha got going on for school Li?" I asked, waiting for her to tell me all about how 'totally boring and stupid year 7 was.' Honestly, Lia and Leyla seemed to be twins, and I was not thankful for the fact that they tended to team up against me.

"Well, you know, just torture- Oooh wait! This cool girl walked into class today." She finished, blushing and giggling like a total fool, and I wasn't going to lie, it gave me deja vu to when I had met him-

"That's great Li, though don't you think you're a bit young to date?" I asked innocently, already knowing the rant I was going to receive, and happy that I was content in the knowledge that Lia would be fine in her decisions, her being one of the most responsible year 7 I knew, which was weird because she could switch from making good decisions, to being an annoying trouble maker in less than five seconds.

She raised an unimpressed eyebrow at me, and rolled her eyes, continuing on with her toast (which she ate rather loudly by the way)

The rest of the morning passed uneventfully, and before I knew it I found my self standing in front of the tall bricked building labeled "Glenbervie High School." 

Stepping inside I thought back to all the times I had arrived with him, and I found my heart clenching painfully at the thought. All those amazing times, why did I have to ruin it with my-

"Charlie! You ok? You've been staring at the school for like five minutes with a pained expression, you alright?" My sister asked, worried.

"It's all good Li, don't worry about it." I said with a fake smile, as I walked into the building.

"You sure, It isn't about-" 

"Don't worry about it Lia." I said a little more forcefully, as she sent me a concerned expression. She nodded, and ran to her friends who were all waving at her from their spot at their lockers.