Prologue Act 1 Part 1: A Whole New World

???: *sigh* I can't believe they didn't have it.

A young eighteen year old boy mumbled to himself in a low, disappointed sounding voice as he walked away from his local game store. He wore a hood due to the torrential rain that had hit earlier that day which was still in the process of pelting the city he lived in. Deciding to take a momentary reprieve from the rain, the young man ducked into a nearby alleyway for some hope of shelter. Luckily, the alley he chose was facing in a way that made it so that the rain would hit the wall opposite of where he was, so it was the perfect place for him to rest which he did so soon enough.

Resting on the protected wall, the boy slumped up against it and slid down to the ground and stopped with a sit and a sigh. A few seconds of dead motion later, the boy brought a hand up and removed his hood to reveal his features. He had (H/C) colored hair, (E/C) colored eyes, and (S/C) colored skin. This boy was none other than you.

You were an average joe blow kind of guy who did what any normal person would do in today's society... that's right, live the life of a semi weeb!

 that's right, live the life of a semi weeb!

...

...

...

Boy... that sounded better in my head.

A-Anyways, for as long as you could remember, you've had an interest in anime. You weren't a major fan unlike a lot of true weeaboos out there, but you did have a moderate liking for it along with the culture surrounding it. You've attended your fair share of animecons, expos, etc, and you've even gotten your hands on some good old manga... and no, it didn't include certain kinds of manga, you sick freaks.

Anywho, aside from all those interests you had, there was one part of anime culture that did really stand out for you, that being video games based off of anime. You name it: the Dragon Ball games, the Persona games, BNHA, and even the Neptunia games all really intrigued you. However, a couple years back, there was a game that had been released that you never got around to checking out oddly enough. The game in question happened to be one called Genshin Impact.

It didn't really stand out for you at the time, but after reading up about it for a while, you had to admit that it had your attention, and no, not for the reason you're thinking of... although, that is still a noticeable factor. No, it mostly came down to the presentation. A game that heavily mirrored that of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and that it was an open world game set on a huge map with tons upon tons of areas and locations to explore with lots of characters to interact with and talk to. You were always a fan of those kinds of games, but having it be in the style of anime made it seem all the more pleasing to you.

Hence, the reason you were out here in the first place; to get your hands on a copy of the game itself. Unfortunately, not only did you have to deal with rain on the way to the game store, and not only did you have to travel to one that was fairly a good distance away from your home that was the only one selling the game, but you were stunned and saddened by the fact that they had just sold the last copy of the game to someone else some time before you had gotten there, meaning you had spent that whole journey for nothing. Suffice to say, this wasn't your day in the slightest.