Chapter 24: Home

Bella's pov-

I lye in my bed. Silently taking in my surroundings. The soft breeze coming from my slightly opened window, gently brushing past my face.

The smell of freshly mowed grass lingered through the air, making me vey tired. I can hear the crickets chirping loudly, silently giving me assurance in not alone. The frogs crossing loudly mixing with the crickets, sounding like a beautifully natural melody.

An owl with beautifully black wings came towards my window. Its wings spread widley, soaring through the air.

I watch the owls soft feathers fly across my face , as it lands on its perch. Silently drifting to sleep.

I watch the trees,dancing gracefully in the wind. The leaves start coming back on the tree as beautiful green ones, now that winter is ending.

1 more week away from summer break. I honestly don't know if I want school to end though. I have nothing to look forward to at the Dursleys, trying not to piss them off too much is a challenge honestly.

And with Dudley always wanting everything he can't have and more, it just makes me and Harry's life more miserable. Hearing Dudley yell at us through our room isn't exactly the best way to wake up.

And with me and Harry trying to not yell at everyone was extremely difficult. Now I remember why I left. Yesterday though, I had received a letter from the Delacours offering me to go live with them for a year. Which is tempting, getting away from all this chaos and what not, but I couldn't abandon Harry.

They offered him to visit me over the year, countless times, but harry being, well Harry, decided that he better stay with the Dursleys and not waste  his time at the Delacors.

Its not that he doesn't like them- well it is but he has a reasonable explanation. When me and Harry were left at the Dursleys they took me and Left Harry. Not that they wanted to but, Harry was a , well difficult child to please.

When Apolline came to pick us up, Harry refused to leave. They were forced to leave him there by the Dursleys since they didn't like hearing him cry while Apolline tried to pick him up.

Harry still visited but not as long as we all wanted. He would visit for a day, if we got lucky two, but Harry never really forgave them for leaving him.

They wanted us permanently which sounded fine, until I realized what I would be leaving behind me.

One, I'd be leaving Harry, my brother that has been with me since birth. I mean, leaving for a month or two, isn't too bad, but if I left permanently, I would be leaving him all alone and that's something I just couldn't do.

Two, I'd be leaving Pansy, Hermione and Ron. We have all become good friends and get on well, but we do fight pretty frequently. Before the Gryffindors were telling me that Mattheo wasn't good for me, and we shouldn't be together.They only said this once we "Broke up." So it was kinda useless to be honest. But they are some of my best friends and I don't think I could just get up and leave. 

Three, I would have to start at a new school. Yes, I've gone to Beabatons for two years but I kinda fear that all my old friends have forgot about me, therefore, it would be like starting A new school year. And on top of all that, Fleurs leaving Beabatons. She just finished her last year while at Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament. Which brings me to the next thing.

4, Cedric's death. Me and Cedric didn't talk much but we were pretty good friends. I cried and Cried about his death. Cho always said, since it wasn't my boyfriend I shouldn't be crying. Which I guess is how I would feel if she was crying over Mattheo, but you never know how badly it hurts, until you loose someone you know peesonally. It feels like life waits until you let your guard down, until you turn your back and stabs you in it. I was just starting to feel, well calm,collected, my mental health was finally getting better. Its been a crazy week to be honest. He dies money and its only Wednesday. Still only 3 days since he passed. I cat help but miss him, his jokes, his caringness, and over all, just his smile always assuring me everything would be alright. But the last time he told me that... Was that last I saw of him. I know its silly, according to everyone else I shouldn't be getting this way about death. They say, its a natural thing, everyone dies one day, but why him? Why the boy who, made sure everyone was cared for, who made sure everyone was smiling, the one who was so optimistic it hurts just seeing people to continue smiling. I just wish that I would've apparated into the field and saved him. But now after all that shit, stupid people keep telling me I should be happier. They say if I don't I could become depressed, that my mental health is very unhealthy right now. Well I already fucking know that! Those dumb assets need to fuck off already.

5, I will miss Mattheo. But right now, I don't want him to hold me. I don't need him to tell me everything is alright. Because its not. I'm not stupid enough to think nothing is happening. He thinks I'm not letting him comfort his since it was his fathers orders to kill Cedric. But I know that he hates his father, and I know he couldn't control this if he wanted to. I just really need to cope with things. Alone. But right now, I really just want someone to hold.

But overall, I think it might be good to leave all this behind. I could continue my perfect life in France with the Delacours.

I hear a knocking at my door. Loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to make me scared. The knocks were soft, quiet. Which meant it was the one person I needed most.

"come in." I mumble almost inaudible. I didn't notice it but, while thinking about all this I had been crying. My voice came out sort of muffled sounding.

I continue to look out the window as the door slowly creaks open. I hear footsteps slowly enter and the door close.

The footsteps get closer, eventually stopping behind me. He sits on my bed moving hair from my face.

"hey Bella," he says softly yet cheerful, "are you alright?"

Am I alright? I actually don't know. A better question would be am I emotionally stable but whatever Theo. And in that case it would definitely be no.

"yeah, " I say quietly "im fine."

My voice shook A little as tears fell. Why won't I just stop fucking crying already?! Seriously, I just want to talk normally not have my voice sound like a toddler. (A/n: if ya know ya know)

"okay," he says kindly. He kisses my on my forehead gently."do you want me to leave...?"

"no" I say fast, desperate for him to stay, "please stay."

He nods his head and gets of my bed. He walks over to my bookshelf. I hear rustling until he eventually finds a book.

"can I read to you? " he asks me softly. I nod my head, sitting up a bit as he climbs into my bed. He opened the book flipping to the last page I was on.

"The little girl felt guilty about her sisters disappearance and..." He began to read.

I slowly began drifting of to sleep, falling asleep on his chest while he stroked my hair calmly. His breathing some how in sync with mine as we both fell asleep, Cuddled up in each others arms.